Thread: Speaker icon missing from taskbar in Dell Latitude D620

Speaker icon missing from taskbar in Dell Latitude D620

In my Dell Latitude D620 I have reinstalled windows XP operating system and after reinstalling windows XP in my laptop almost everything worked fine. The only problem which get is sound icon has disappeared from taskbar. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue? The volume button of my laptop also not working.

Re: Speaker icon missing from taskbar in Dell Latitude D620

Well according to me you are facing this problem because "place volume icon in the taskbar" option is not selected in sound and audio devices. I will suggest you first check "place volume icon in the taskbar" option from sound and audio devices and then your problem might get solved.

If you want to select "place volume icon in the taskbar" option from sound and audio devices then you have to follow this steps. First you have to open control panel in your computer and after opening control panel you have to click on sound and audio device option and after clicking on that you have to check "place volume icon in the taskbar" option and then click on OK. Now after that you have to check whether sound icon appear on the taskbar or not? as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes i totally agree with the above solution. In my computer also sound icon was missing and then I have come to know that "place volume icon in the taskbar" option was not checked in the sound setting and then I have open sound and audio setting and then checked place volume icon in the taskbar option and then my problem get solved.

Well I have first try to solve this problem by reinstalling audio drivers in my laptop but that does not help to solve this problem. Now after that I have checked "place volume icon in the taskbar" option and then sound icon appeared again on taskbar but volume keys are still not working. What should I do to solve this problem. any help will be appreciated.

You have mentioned that you have reinstalled windows Xp operating system in your laptop and may be after that you have not installed Dell QuickSet in your laptop. According to me you should download Dell QuickSet from internet and install in your laptop and check whether same problem is occurring or not?

If you want to download Dell QuickSet then you have to visit official site of the dell and then you can get Dell QuickSet from there or you can download Dell QuickSet by clicking here DOWNLOAD. I hope after installing the Dell QuickSet your problem will get solved.