Thread: Dell XPS L502X locked BIOS and showing unlock key hint

Dell XPS L502X locked BIOS and showing unlock key hint

I had set the password on my BIOS of the laptop and now my computer is refusing to accept the password . it is giving me box for the password and an Unlock hint key like hex number. I called the support and the representative told me that I need to buy a new mobo . please guys I need help on this don’t want to pay extra for mobo . is there any free of cost fix .

Re: Dell XPS L502X locked BIOS and showing unlock key hint

Well on the verification of the owner of laptop dell will issue the master password . if your laptop is new then that probably come under the warranty . The only problem is that if you are not the registered owner of the system than you might be have to get the new motherboard

Well, then just try to take out the battery or look for a jumper clear the CMOS. hope this help

Hope this help

1. You might want to go into the BIOS and write down the settings.
    2. Remove the power cable and the battery.
    3. Remove the seven screws marked (K) that hold the keyboard.
    4. Lift keyboard but don't unplug it.
    5. Disconnect the paxolin connector that connects the touch pad to the motherboard.
    6. Jumper the pins marked 'JBOOT' on the motherboard.
    7. Wait 5 minutes then remove the jumper and reconnect the Paxolin connector.
    8. Replace the keyboard and the 7 (K) screws.
    9. Put the battery back in and reconnect the power cable.
    10. Boot the system and go into the bios and take a look at the date and time, they should have reset along with all the other bios settings.
    11. If you wrote down your settings you can replace them, if not you can hold down the ALT key and press F and that will restore the factory default settings.

I think each manufacturer has a universal password that only known by the service centers representative , I guess if you personally go to the service center they might help you on solving your problem . but like already said here you must be owner of the laptop

I have a dell inspiron E1505 laptop and I forgot the system password. I took the cmos battery out for over an hour, put it back and did not work. Any suggestion? Please..

I suggest you to call the Customer Service Center. And request then you be give the Password Reset BIOS for your laptop model. To confirm that you are the owner of the laptop, Dell will request you to give the service code as well as service tag numbers, both of which will be found on the sticker on the underneath of your machine. Restart the computer; enter the password provided by the Dell customer service. This will act to cancel the old password, the BIOS, restore every the BIOS settings and you can regain access to your machine. Consult a computer repair technician if the above method is ineffective, asking him to disassemble the laptop and remove the BIOS battery. Eliminate the BIOS battery will clean up all memory and settings in the BIOS, including the stored password. Note that opening your laptop void the warranty most likely, so use it only as a last ditch effort if you are out of alternatives.

Well I have solve my issue . the dell people had told me that they are going to replace my motherboard for free . they said that it’s their fault and they should had to have unlocking feature and in my case they were knowing that I did not forgot my password