Thread: Need webcam software for Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

Need webcam software for Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

Hello friends in my Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 laptop and I am not able to use Dell Webcam Central in my laptop and I want to know is there any other software which I can use in my laptop? If anyone have any idea regarding this then let me know.

Re: Need webcam software for Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

I have gone through your problem and I would like to tell ask you that what exactly happen when you use Dell Webcam Central in your laptop? If you get any error message while using Dell Webcam Central then post that message so that I can provide you solution according to that.

When I try to use Dell webcam central in my laptop at that time it shows “No supported webcam driver detected. Please install the webcam driver using the Dell Resource CD and launch webcam center again.” Message and after that if I insert the CD and then reinstall driver and try to launch it again at that time I get same message which is very irritating. Please help me to fix this problem.

You should open device manger in your laptop and then you have to uninstall webcam driver of your laptop completely and then restart your laptop. Now after that you have to insert Dell driver CD in your laptop and then you have to install the drivers and then see whether same problem is occurring or not? I was also having similar problem with my dell laptop and then I have tried this solution and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem might get solved.

Well according to me you need to open Webcam central software in your laptop and then you have to click on “?” which you will find on the Top right side of the Dell webcam central window. Now after that you have to click on “check for software update option and then it will look for the software update and then your problem will get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

Well I have removed webcam drivesr from device manager and after removing the drivers from device manager when I reinstalled drivers at that time also problem does not get solved. Now after that I have clicked on the check for software update option and the installed webcam software 1.40.35. Now after installing the 1.40.35 version all the things started working like a charm. Now when I do video call from Skype at that time my webcam does not work. With other program it works fine.

When you do video call at that time you have to click on click on quality button which you will find next to the call end button and then you have to click on webcam tab and then select your webcam device and then problem will get solved.