Thread: Wireless Card in not working properly with Dell XPS 15z (L511z)

Wireless Card in not working properly with Dell XPS 15z (L511z)

I am using Dell XPS 15z (L511z) laptop in my laptop I have Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless. Now whenever I connect my laptop with router at that time I get excellent sped while playing games online and browsing internet. But if I use router though WIFI at that time internet sped becomes extremely slow and sometimes it disconnects randomly. How to fix this problem?

Re: Wireless Card in not working properly with Dell XPS 15z (L511z)

I have read your problem and it looks like problem is occurred because of the PSP incompatibility with your router. to solve this problem you should disabling the PSP feature in your laptop and after disabling the PSP feature your problem might get solved.

To disable PSP feature you have to follow this steps.

First you have to open Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility in your laptop and after opening the Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility you have to click on advance and then select adapter setting. Now after that you have to select advanced tab. Now after that you have to uncheck default from power management option and then move slider towards highest performance. After that you have to click on OK.

Now after that you will not face same problem while using your router wirelessly. if you want to know anything more regarding this then let me know.

If you don’t have Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility in your laptop then you have to visit official site of Intel and then you have to download Intel PROSet/Wireless Wi-Fi Connection Utility. Now after downloading this utility disable PSP feature and problem will get solved.

Well according to me this problem will not get fixed only by disabling PSP feature from Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility but you have to also select continuously aware mode for wireless adapter with the help of network control panel applet and then problem will get solved. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

To set continuously aware mode for wireless adapter with the help of network control panel applet you have to follow this steps.

• Go to the control panel.
    • Right click network connection
    • After that Click on configure
    • Select advance tab.
    • Click on power management tab.
    • Now toy have to uncheck auto option.
    • Move slider to Maximum Performance and click on OK.

If after trying above solution also if you are experiencing same problem then I will suggest you to visit official site of the router which you are using then you have to check whether firmware update for your router is available or not? if firmware update is available then you have to update firmware and then see whether it makes any difference or not?

Thank you so much for helping me. In my laptop I have disabled PSP feature but that does not help me to solve this problem I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling wireless drivers but result was same. Now after that I have update firmware but still I am facing same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Try different router with your Dell XPS 15z (L511z) laptop and then you have to check whether you are experiencing same problem or not? if you get same problem with different router also then problem is with your Wireless card in your laptop otherwise problem is with your router only.