Thread: "The amount of system memory has changed." error in Dell Inspiron 6000

"The amount of system memory has changed." error in Dell Inspiron 6000

Hi friends I have Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and I am experiencing annoying issue with my laptop. Now when I bstart my laptop at that time I get "The amount of system memory has changed." Error and after that it does nothing. I don’t know how to solve this problem. Please help me with this.

Re: "The amount of system memory has changed." error in Dell Inspiron 6000

Normally this type of error appears when you have installed any new RAM . I will suggest you to remove RAM stick from your laptop and after removing RAM stick you have to reseat the RAM again and after reseating the RAM in your laptop you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. you have to also check whether you are get in the BIOS menu or not.

Yes I will also suggest you the same. i my laptop I was also having same problem and after that I have removed both memory stick from my laptop and then I have inserted it again in my laptop bur after that also same problem was occurring. Now after that I have tried to start my laptop with single RAM and at that time my laptop worked fine. Basically one my RAM stick was causing this problem.

If above solution does not help you to fix this problem then you have to follow this steps. First you have to start your laptop and after starting the laptop you have to wait for some seconds and then you will get "press f1 to continue or f2 to enter setup” message. Now after that you have to press F2 key and then you have to press F10 and then exit from setup and then you will not get memory error again. I hope with the help of this solution your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

I have reseated RAM in my laptop which does not make any difference. Now after that I have start my laptop and then waited for some time but after that also I didn’t get any message. This problem is very frustrating for me. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

As you have mentioned that after trying above solution also you are facing same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that you should contact Dell support and after that you have to tell them about your problem with the Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and then they will provide you solution.