Thread: Battery not Detecting in Dell Inspiron 1440

Battery not Detecting in Dell Inspiron 1440

hi guy s

I have this laptop for a long time but suddenly I am having this problem . my laptop Is nit detecting the battery presence for some odd reason that I don’t have any idea . it snow only works with the ac adapter . I also get this error message that say

Code:
    WARNING: If a Service Tag was just installed, you will need to shut the system down and unplug the AC adapter if present. Re-insert the AC adapter and power on the system to allow for proper functionality.

WARNING: The battery cannot be identified.

This system will be unable to charge the battery.

Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility. Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.
    Is there any one here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this

Thanks

Re: Battery not Detecting in Dell Inspiron 1440

I guess it will be a thing of the battery is dead, you might be needing the new battery . take your laptop to the vender and ask him to check whether the battery was working

Sometimes Windows does not detect the presence of the battery. This can occur even if you have a good battery. There are several things you can do to solve this problem You can test the battery with AC power for connected as well as the team is working only with battery power.

• Perform a hard reset.
    • Reset the BIOS defaults.
    • Update the BIOS.
    • Determine if the notebook starts using only the battery.

Probably program that monitors the battery for some reason no longer seeing i t . For starters, you can try as you pull the whole thing. For example, removing the battery, turn on laptop without it, and place it back see if that helps

Thanks for the reply but all that you people have been suggesting Is not helping . I know the battery is working fine it’s just it won’t get detected . my laptop is displaying the above error so please guys I need to solve this issue I am not able to use my laptop without the AC adapter

I had the exact same issue . it started when I disassemble the 1440 and when I was assembling it again I saw that I connected the video cable as well as routing the wireless card antenna wires before I installed the top cover. Which resulted into that the video cable passing by the right side plus the wireless card antenna wires get above the top cover and underneath the keyboard. The top cover was not laying flat and that was making this error appear so I have to I installed top cover and connected the cables properly the laptop booted without that error. I don’t know the reason for the error but I guess that There is a brass/gold metal tab labeled SPR5203 which was perhaps not been touching the bottom of the top cover, hope this helps

I guess this problem is related to the motherboard. I have see some of the laptop on which the battery is not detected , when updated there BIOS to the latest one get solve this issue . hope this help

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    I had the exact same issue . it started when I disassemble the 1440 and when I was assembling it again I saw that I connected the video cable as well as routing the wireless card antenna wires before I installed the top cover. Which resulted into that the video cable passing by the right side plus the wireless card antenna wires get above the top cover and underneath the keyboard. The top cover was not laying flat and that was making this error appear so I have to I installed top cover and connected the cables properly the laptop booted without that error. I don’t know the reason for the error but I guess that There is a brass/gold metal tab labeled SPR5203 which was perhaps not been touching the bottom of the top cover, hope this helps

This is the fix that works for me . after I did what was mentioned on this post my problem went ways now , I am not getting that message but the batter was charging and was not showing above 0% , but not to worry all you need t do is disable the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and then re-enabling it for the device manager-> batteries . thanks guys ,