Thread: Replacement for Dell XPS M1530 Motherboard

Replacement for Dell XPS M1530 Motherboard

Hello friends, I am having the Dell XPS M1530 laptop and recently the motherboard of the laptop was been burned so I need to replace with some other motherboard, so that I can start working on it. I am having the MU 716 motherboard on it, is there any board which is been compatible with the board. Please suggest me, thank you.

Re: Replacement for Dell XPS M1530 Motherboard

Actually there is couple of motherboards which are been compatible with you present one, one is the 8400GS chip and the other one is having the 8600GT chip. Both of these motherboards are having identified as the difficult with the nVidia chips and actually these are all failure disadvantage of them. I would not throw good money after anything with either of these video chips - put the funds toward a replacement system.

Let me tell that the boards which are been used for M1530 are either nVidia 8400GS or 8600GT chips, there are plenty of people who are believing that both lines of chips are full of problem that nVidia have not fixed the basic problem with them short of redesigning the GPU, which they have not done. Also there is no method to know whether the GPU which you buying is been fixed or it is faulty and since many believe they're all the latter, and future there is one warrants replacements which is more than 90 days.

Having Dell XPS M1530 laptop and it suddenly it has been stopped working one day. I have shut done the laptop properly and try to check it on other day then it was not starting. The LEDs was been lit up and then went out automatically, it was showing me a blank/black screen and the fan which is there in the Hard Drive and it was whirring in the background.

Where the M1530 boards are been interchange actually there really only two of them. If you wanted to know then one motherboard is having the nvidia 8300GS video chip and other one is having the 8600GT video card in it. These were the motherboard which were having the defective design, well the dell are making a big gamble the board will last. I would suggest that you better save some money then doing the replacement of the system not on another board with another of these nVidia gems on it.

I have also got a burned motherboard by Dell. I have replaced motherboard back when my laptop was under warranty period, but also they have extended my warranty for one year. When the warranty expired the whole laptop has stopped working. It was having the same description as everybody else on this post. So I do not think that dell replace the motherboard, if you replace from dell then you will get bad motherboard, so get a new laptop for you which will be the best and good one.

I am also having the problem with the dell laptop especially with the motherboard, so I would not suggest that you better do not try it and it will be nice that get a new motherboard and place onto the laptop.