Thread: How to know if my laptop Dell Inspiron 1545 has microphone

How to know if my laptop Dell Inspiron 1545 has microphone

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and yesterday I had download Skype as I wanted to had a video chat with my friend. But when I started the video chat with my friends I was able to see the video and also hear his voice but he was not able to hear my voice so I was shocked. So I was just thinking that weather my laptop has a microphone or not and if it has then what setting should I do because of which I can start the voice chat.

Re: How to know if my laptop Dell Inspiron 1545 has microphone

Usually described in this manual, but go in the top of the screen has to have a couple of holes and the pair form a microphone if you do not have insurance does not bring, and depends on the machine model number.

Just try to check the sound recording.
    Start> All Programs> Accessories> Entertainment> Sound Recorder:
    (Or Start> Run> Sndrec32.exe)

Edit> Audio Properties> Set the volume to maximum.
    Hit the "Record" button (circle).
    Get to scream like hell.
    If you see that changes the picture of the screen (shown waves rather than the horizontal line), then you HAVE microphone.

Do this setting in SKYPE:

- Go to "tools" then "options" and "audio settings"
    -Uncheck: "let Skype manage my audio settings"
    -For "micro" and ring ": SELECT YOUR SOUND CARD
    - Do not check "by ringing the PC Speaker"
    -To do anything at the "speaker"
    -Adjust the volume "microphone" and "speaker" by moving the cursor to the right.
    Click on "save"

If you have the microphone and if you have done all the setting and then to if you mic is not working you can do this right click on my computer properties device manager and look to see if you have all the drivers for the board if a question or a triangle need the drivers, for it goes on the website of your motherboard manufacturer and download them and install them.

In the bottom bar to the left where it says "Start" on the right and you will see an icon with the speaker symbol. Double-click on it and you will see a window that is titled "Volume Control". Now click on "Options", and then go to "Properties". Now you do not have to do is put a check mark on "Microphone" and then click "Ok". Now the Volume Control window has added a new column with the word "microphone". Then remove the check from "Disable" and then you turn on the microphone. I hope I was clear enough. If you still have problems let me know.

I have a different laptop, but maybe it could help too as I was also having same problem with my mic. The handset's microphone not recorded anything, but practically there was the option microphone did not work even when the volume of the recording. I solved my problem when I came to know that the realtek driver on my laptop were not there, and then by the various programs, I enable the rear microphone input and it works. You'll probably have to go through the control panel, properties 'PC audio, looking out the true input port and that' turned the microphone.