Thread: help in upgrading the processor of Dell Studio 1737

help in upgrading the processor of Dell Studio 1737

Last week I bought a new Dell studio 1737 laptop, it works great but its look is more impressive. I am certainly not impressed by its processor with respects to playing games. Yeah I wanted a kind of CPU which could possibly handle higher level games.

So is there anyone who can help me out in finding out which processor can best handle the requirement of mine.

Re: help in upgrading the processor of Dell Studio 1737

Let me tell you something thing, better you first try and check out your video chip before going for any upgrading. Make sure that the video chip is not present in the separate card. It’s actually a part of the laptop’s system board and hence cannot be upgraded anyhow. The system will most probably will take any of the Core 2 CPUs on the Socket P designs. Also let me tell you that the latest and newer Core processor i.e. Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 will surely not work as they all share a completely different socket. Can you let me know what kind of games you are willing you play in your existing system?

As according to my knowledge I guess in this Dell Studio 1737 the ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 is not integrated with the motherboard but it’s actually a discrete video card. Some few months back one of my friend already had this discussed with the Dell support executive regarding this topic, the support person said that it would actually void the warranty but also confirmed that it could be replaced.

Heard that currently the Dell studio 17’s which are coming up have established with 512 to 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon cards, ie. 4650.

Hey friends even help me out. I am also looking for the same thing. Even I want to upgrade my processor or else the graphic card, whichever will improve the gaming on my system. Faster CPU, for example GTA 4/ GTA4: Episodes from liberty city/ Assassins Creed 2 etc

Even I am having the same Dell studio 1737, for you convenience I would also like to let you all know the specification of my laptop:

• Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @2.10Ghz
    • Memory: 3.00GB
    • System: 64bit operating system (vista)
    • Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650

I guess the studio 1737 has its graphics chips present in its motherboard. Due to this the upgrading of the graphic card is quite difficult. I guess the only possible way to upgrade the graphic chip is to get the motherboard with a higher powerful graphic card which is built into it. Depending on the chipset it will somehow support the 8GB of memory.

My system supports 4GB , but surely I am not going to invest and waste my money on buying a 2x4GB stick of Ram when it will give the lower battery life a minimal performance.

I would like to list the possible updates which will definitely help you to increase the performance of your system with all respecting including the gaming:

• CPU – at most 3.2 ghz Core 2, but this will be too hot for the heatsink
    • HDD - Upgrade to a main drive of SSD install OS and apps, and a secondary HDD for data
    • RAM - 8GBB DDR2
    • WiFi - Update to any compatible N Compliant device
    • GFX - Get an external powered gfx card and storage unit
    I got an upgraded GFX card for my laptop which helped me a lot in playing those hardcore gaming.