Thread: Aldiko Sync app to sync Aldiko books/bookmarks across Android devices

Aldiko Sync app to sync Aldiko books/bookmarks across Android devices

I have been using the Aldiko eBook reader app from the time when I got the android device and recently I have started using it in my Tablet pc. Actually I wanted to read books on both Tablet and phone. I knew that there must be something that will allow me to do this in an easy way. So after hours of searched I finally come cross the first Android app.

Aldiko Sync app allows you to do the task easily. You can sync both books and bookmarks across various Android devices. For previous version, you needed a rooted Android device. But after this new version 5.4.18, you won’t need a rooted device.

Re: Aldiko Sync app to sync Aldiko books/bookmarks across Android devices

I have been looking for this app in order to sync personal ebooks across devices. The developer has made this app as very user-friendly and useful. Whatever imported app on Aldiko, will be able to sync all along any android devices which contains same app installed. As far as I know that there are 2 versions available
    • Aldiko Sync (Free)
    • Aldiko Sync Pro Unlocker (Paid)

In my case, this app works fine and offers all kind of syncing between my Android devices. This app is very useful for those, who read throughout the day and on phone. At the beginning, I had the problem with corrupt library file. Now after quick help from the developer everything is working fine.

There are no difficult options or settings for Aldiko Sync app. All you need to do is simply install the app on your devices between which you wanna such and open the app to click on Sync button. You must have a Dropbox account and you need to give Dropbox credentials at first to sync all Aldiko data to Dropbox account. From there you can easily retrieve or update on another device. Whenever you sync, each time app loads books from Aldiko’s database. It also loads previous syncs and various books. By the help of last sync time, you can easily detect the file.

Essentially, Aldiko Sync permits you to simply save Aldiko library to Dropbox account. It will upload all of your books, the library data as well as an md5 hash tag to Dropbox in order to do the comparison before syncing with other device. If you have bought the Pro version app (only $.99), it will allow you to auto-sync but I found it little annoying but it is useful in some situations.