Thread: Comparing the screens of Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 and Kindle Touch

Comparing the screens of Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 and Kindle Touch

Personally I really liked the screen of the Kindle as compared to the Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1. I have noticed that background on Kindle is supposed to be quite lighter than that of Sony Reader. You can see that the text is quite darker and crisper then Sony reader.
    I liked the physical button in the way it is located. The glossy bezel of the Sony reader is not making the any difference to me. I am not concerned about the audio as well as browsing feature of the device. So tell me which screen is the best irrespective of Kindle touch.

Re: Comparing the screens of Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 and Kindle Touch

I was searching on the internet and found that it is using different classes of eInk Pearl: A and B. Well PRS-T1 is using A class display and Kindle Touch is using B class. But I was not able to get the difference between both the screen.

After comparing the screen of the both the devices I noticed that Sony is having lighter back ground. Have you ever made the difference to adjust the brightness or contrast of the screen of the Sony reader? You will see great difference in the look and feel of the screen after comparing to default one. Also you will be able to change the default font which was quite better.

Well screens are having identical e-ink. It is quite possible to get the variations between the screens even it has been developed by the same manufacturer.

I have noticed that Contrast settings on the Sony reader does not make the real changes from the black and white. You have to simply reduce the anti-aliasing. T1 is having broken font rendering engine. In order to improve the visual rendering on the device you have to embed font on the epub.

Well according to me the screen does not make any difference in the situation instead font is supposed to play the major role. Kindle is having the saturated font. There are people who really liked the saturated Kindle font.
    The T1 is best if you compare rest of the 6 & 7" Sony models for the purpose of reading. It has been really improved when you have compared to the past model. Text is enough darker and I really liked the font option available on the device. Personally I liked both K3 and T1 but I used to prefer the book on T1.

I am using caecilian font and it is looking better on T1. But still the font is supposed to be faded and background is looking darker than that of Kindle Touch. But I think we expect that it will be fixed when there will be releasing of the future firmware update.