Thread: Address book seems to create multiple contacts with no names on my iPhone

Address book seems to create multiple contacts with no names on my iPhone

The first I would like to tell you is that my address book of iphone has created more than 24,000 of contacts automatically. Seems like the issue is too strange but don’t how this happened.

Due to this huge number of contacts, I am unable to open up my address book. However I can access the address book through iCloud. So I keep on deleting the contact, but they are above 24,000. What should I do, is there any way out in order to get rid of this huge amount of data? Should I try to delete any software or application related to the address book?

Re: Address book seems to create multiple contacts with no names on my iPhone

Hey I thing you sharing the same issue as mine. Initially I had just 100 contacts in my address book. But then after connecting my iphone to my pc and when tried to sync the contact through iCloud I encountered that my contacts were multiplied 25 time more than the existing one. How come it was possible, I didn’t do anything, just connected the phone and then result was this negative result. Even I tried to delete the contacts at a faster speed but deleting more than 100 contacts at a time would have crashed my address book. However I managed to clear the address book after 16 hours of struggle and then closed it. But then guess what all the contacts were back again as soon as I opened the address book. Just imagine I have no 24900 extra blank file present in my address book as I have already mentioned above that the actual number of contacts are just 100.

You have to somehow try to delete the entire database and not the program. I did the same thing when I faced this issue, I deleted all the contacts and then everything was fine and never had this issue again.

Just check it out whether you iCloud set to automatically set to sync in your system. Well if this is the case then you have to make sure that you disable the iCloud automatic sync then remove everything from the iCloud then clean up your local files. After doing so once again try out connecting your iphone to your PC and see whether it multiplies the contacts or not.

I would like to share my experience with this same problem, yeah even I had this issue. But I didn’t took it so seriously, I simple connected my handset to the pc then first checked out all the duplicate blank contacts and then highlighted them and then performed a thrash operation altogether. Let me tell you doing this were not easy I thought initially when I was performing this task.

Actually it took almost 1 day for the system to send those duplicated contacts to the thrash from the metafile folder. In fact once I was forced to close the operation and shut down my pc as my pc got overheated and then again I started the process after some 4 to 5 hours later. It was a huge head ache for me, but ultimately I did it.

If deleting the contact doesn’t makes any difference and does not helps you out then I would suggest you to try out the following thing:

• Open Address Book on your pc
    • Select all contacts
    • Go to icloud.com/contacts
    • See your duplicate contacts vanish if they are not previously gone, exit both Contacts and iCloud
    • Now again Open Address Book on your pc
    • Enter Time Machine
    • Choose adjoining date along the timeline where your contacts were not in duplicate choose Applications on the left
    • Just Open Address Book (this is actually the one you see on the Time Machine)
    • Choose all the contacts
    • Choose Restore
    • If asked if asked whether to revive all contacts say yes
    • Exit Time Machine and then Shut Address Book and Wait
    • Now go to icloud.com/contacts
    • Watch your contacts settle this point while not duplicates
    • Exit Contacts, Exit iCloud. Wait sometime Check your devices

Hey I took my iphone 4 to the apple support center and there I was said that there is some incompatibility issue between the iCloud and Mobile Me syncing that were affecting me.

But un-ticking the Contacts and then going to Exchange Group with contacts ticks sorts out the issue with no problem. In fact having Mobile Me has also solved some of the issues of overheating and battery burning.