Thread: EPC Smart Book Mini with Windows Embedded CE 6.0 not working

EPC Smart Book Mini with Windows Embedded CE 6.0 not working

There is a bit issue with internet connectivity on EPC Smart Book Mini. It came with Windows Embedded CE 6.0. I am not able to work on the same. It has a internet port. I can only see a red mark over the lan adapter. But after connecting the port there is nothing. The connectivity simply fails and I am unable to do anything. Does this can be fix by installing new drivers. I cannot find anything for this portable system.

Re: EPC Smart Book Mini with Windows Embedded CE 6.0 not working

You are using a cheap laptop. And there can be a hardware issue in that. So there is nothing much you can do. I will recommend you to check the internal settings once. I am not really sure about using Windows Embedded CE 6.0. For drivers or any other update that you need to make things work on that system, you have to visit the official website of laptop manufacturer. There you can find many things which will fix the problem.

My uncle has a similar very old laptops. But luckily it has Windows XP. So it is a bit easier to troubleshoot the same. Whenever there is any problem in that it is far more easier to get rid of that. Because we can easily get the drivers for it. It is not complicated at all. A number of time different things can be collected through windows update. I do not think it might be possible to get a windows xp update for your system.

Microsoft officially offer you a bunch for drivers for that. You can find the same in below link. Just click on the same and then you can download the latest drivers. You can just update that in your system. There are chances you might be able to get the kind of output which you are looking for. The below link has a driver catalog. It is for all embedded systems. So you can from here try to find the lan drivers and install it in your system.

Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Supported Drivers -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembe...ercatalog.aspx