Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-02-2012

can i remove right and left margins entirely from Kindle 3.

I was thinking that I should purchase kindle 3. Before that I just wanted to know can we remove left and right margin from that. I had read somewhere else that we can set margin with help of caliber that means there will be no space between bezels and text.
Old 21-02-2012

Re: can i remove right and left margins entirely from Kindle 3.

I never heard such type function in kindle. I don?t have kindle 3 but when I was using another kindle in that no such type of feature was available. I don?t know in case of kindle 3. I have also worked on Sony pocket but I haven?t seen such type of feature. I don?t how to remove left and right margin but one thing I am sure that we can change margin size in kindle 3. On kindle 2 you can edit the default left and right margin. You need to install any package for that. I don?t know this will work in kindle 3 or not. Default is 40pixel. You can change it by own. Once you change it you have to save the file, eject your kindle from PC and restart menu.
Old 21-02-2012

Re: can i remove right and left margins entirely from Kindle 3.

You can do one thing i.e. a bunch of epub book with huge left margin. Then use sigil to edit css stylesheet. Then after use caliber to convert them into Mobi and after that transfer them into kindle 3. This is the way from there you can remove margin. I have already told you that we cannot remove margin but we can change it whatever margin you want. Here please try this.
1>go to home of your kindle.
2>attach your kindle to your pc and find the file \system\com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader\reader.pre f and change the margin as you please.
3>unplug the kindle and go to setting make restart your kindle.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,