Thread: Unable to make VoIP calls on Samsung Galaxy S

Unable to make VoIP calls on Samsung Galaxy S

I guess I am not the only one with this problem as I have already seen lots of people reporting and complaining about this issue. Almost all the people having Samsung Galaxy S are unable to make VoIP calls on their phone using Nimbuzz or skype, this includes me.

But in my case I guess the problem is occurring due to the mic or the audio issue. Sometimes either I am unable to hear the person on the other side or else the other person is unable to hear me.

As I know that already there are many galaxy S users who are facing this issue, but is there anyone who has no such issue while making a call on their phone using the above applications. Or is there anyone has come up with a solution for this existing problem?

Re: Unable to make VoIP calls on Samsung Galaxy S

I think there should be no such issue at least with nimbuzz, having the latest version of nimbuzz app installed in your Galaxy S may not cause any problem regarding the calls. I have not yet faced any such problems till now; I am using the nimbuzz version 2.0 in my Galaxy s. maybe due to that reason I have not yet faced any issue.

Anyways better you first inspect the apps present in your phone then make sure that the nimbuzz application which you are using is the latest version and also if possible try to keep just one voice call application in you device.

I had the same problem with the latest version too. Let me tell you that initially I was having nimbuzz version 1.4 installed in my device and guess what it was working quite well. But all the exact problem started occurring on my phone after I installed the latest version 2.0 released by android. This was quite shocking for me to see that the latest version itself is showing such big issue.

But I never had problem from my side, I mean that whenever I use to call on nimbuzz, I never had any issue in hearing the other person but the person on the other side always use to get some of the other kind of issue while talking to me. In short I was never able to make a smooth and proper call.

I acted too smart after reading and knowing about this application issue, while making calls I noticed that my voice use to break a lot on the other side of the call. So as per many of the users were suggested I updated my nimbuzz app and also irritated the tech support center a lot but later on I realized that not only on nimbuzz but also the voice breakage issue was notice on normal calls too. Then I realized that the exact issue was with the mic of my device and not the app. I know it sounds too funny but this entire thing happened just because of lack of my research.

Yesterday night I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S having the latest version of nimbuzz released by android. Just to see whether this new device is able to handle the VoIP call as well as my N900, I connected the wifi and on its connection I noticed that I was able to make a VoIP call on Skype but the call lasted for exactly for 5 minutes and not more than that. Later on again I tried to place the call on HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access), this time also I dialed the same number on skype and the call was successfully made and not got disconnected even after 10 minutes but the issue was that the call was fluctuation a lot, both me and the other call were unable to hear eachothers voice.

Also for testing purpose I was called on my skype username for a skype to skype call but the same problem, we both were unable to hear voices properly.

Unable to get what exactly is causing this problem. I tried all the possible ways but all of them gave the same results. Changed the application, tried various sources (internet access) , downloaded all version of nimbuzz but none of them showed any improvement.

Also sent my phone for service to the service center even they said that there is no such audio speaker or mic issue with the phone. Got too frustrated and I returned the phone. Now I am using Samsung galaxy Nexus which is working quite smoothly, at least I hope even if this phone will have any issue I will easily be able to make out.

There is an extreme loud and scratching kind of volume coming out while making an VoIP call. Let me tell you that this volume is so loud that even a person standing beside you can make out what exactly the conversation is going on without even activating the speaker. Yes the conversation can be heard by anyone without the speakers being activated. Sometime its quite annoying and depressing when I am in a crowded public place.

I also tried to lower the volume by going into the phone settings but instead the normal call volume was reduced and not the calls which you make online. These online call volume is always constant and irritating. Please help me how can I reduce this volume.

OK, so I am not the only one present in this world facing this irritating issue. I just want to ask a question to Samsung developers, why exactly they are making such problematic phone. Do they really bother about their customers. If only a single customer is facing any issue then we can say that it might be the fault of the device but when multiple customer are facing the same issue then definitely it’s the fault of the developer and the designer of that device. How can some many people face the same issue with the same device and model?

I had this problem and when I contacted the tech support people they say that they have already started working on this issue, so definitely they will suggest me with the best possible solution by next 2 days but guess what its almost 1 month passed away but they are still working on the same issue.

Hello PAK PoK,

You are certainly not the only one complaining about the galaxy S. Maybe that’s the reason Samsung launched a new refined bug free galaxy s 2. I have an S 2 and I can easily make VoIP calls using Skype & TheRealPBX softphone(hosted PBX provider). However if you still want to run VoIP on S 1. Then you should try the softphone app which is quite lighter and uses less voice bandwidth as compared to skype or nimbuzz.