Thread: Can ipad open .mobi files (Not from Amazon) ?

Can ipad open .mobi files (Not from Amazon) ?

I have not used any ios devices by now but then I am willing to get an iPad, I have been using an Android Phone and I have checked out and have found that Kindle for Android is not capable of opening .mobi files which are not from the Amazon, so I just wanted to know that is there anyone who can open the mobi files on their Kindle for ipad?

re: Can ipad open .mobi files (Not from Amazon) ?

I have not used any ios devices by now but then I am willing to get an iPad, I have been using an Android Phone and I have checked out and have found that Kindle for Android is not capable of opening .mobi files which are not from the Amazon, so I just wanted to know that is there anyone who can open the mobi files on their Kindle for ipad?
    In that case you can just use a package called Calibre which will help you in loading mobi files on your android phone as well , Juts check it out and then let me know if you are having any query regarding the same.

If the .mobi files are not having DRM then Kindle for iPad can open it, so here the thing that is to be concerned is removing out the DRM on the files that you get from the amazon and so and after that you can just open them with the help of Kindle app, if you want then you can also use Calibre and then convert the same to ePub and further they can be read using BlueFire Reader or iBooks etc.

I have checked out for the same and I have found that apps like eBookMobi and Stanza are capable of reading .mobi files but then the problem here is that the Stanza is said to be going away, but then you can just check out the last version which they have released. You can check out the eBookMobi but then I think that Stanza will be better.

You can open the .mobi files as long as they are not having DRM on the book or if they are MOBI. I will also like to share that I have been using iPad2 as well as Kindle for iOs which is having MOBI format and by now I have read a number of DRM free books, I have also read a number of similar MOBI books after conversion as well as free DRM ePub books on the iBook app.

I think that the Kindle reader software is the best I have honestly read a number of normal mobi files on my iPad tablet as well as on Android. It just makes the task so easy and you just have to sideload them into the application and after that just drag and drop them on the Android and also drag and drop them in to the application on iTunes as well. I have not yet tried other software then the Kindle app for reading the e-books on the iPad.