Thread: Is there any alternate tablet for Nook Tablet

Is there any alternate tablet for Nook Tablet

I am willing to get a 7" tablet that support Android Market , say the one like Nook Tablet but then not just with the closed and limiting software that it is providing, I have been looking out for the same but then I have not yet found a good alternate for the same, is there anyone who can suggest me few??

Re: Is there any alternate tablet for Nook Tablet

I am willing to get a 7" tablet that support Android Market , say the one like Nook Tablet but then not just with the closed and limiting software that it is providing, I have been looking out for the same but then I have not yet found a good alternate for the same, is there anyone who can suggest me few??
    If you want then you can check out the HTC Flyer seems to be quite an alternate for the k Tablet, you can just get it for $299 but then I will like to inform you that the battery life is only rated for 6 hours, you can simply check out the other detail of it on the web, just check it out and I am sure that you will like it.

A much better one will be Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, I have been using the same and it just matches all the criteria that one looks for, the only thing that is a bit disappointing is that it is having a slower processor with 512 MB RAM but then I think that depends on the users, for me it is working like a charm, you will have to spend some more for getting it, as it will be costing you somewhere around $399 but then it is just worth.

I have checked out both and I am impressed by them as well but then I am not willing to invest more on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus as the HTC Flyer seems to be meeting up the criteria I was looking for, anyways I just wanted to know that on which site is getting sold for $299, I have checked out for the same and I am not getting it. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I had checked it out last time on the Best Buy but then even I have checked out for the same and did not found it, it seems that they have removed from the website but then you can check out in the nearest local store as well, I don’t think that the price may be differing a lot.

You can check out for the Flyer on ebay or the Craigslist, the other thing that I wanted to share is that you can also check out the CM7 mod for the Nook Color, it is quite cheap and works fine like a tablet as well, the very best thing I liked about is that there is no need of changing the base Nook at all you can rather create a Bootable MicroSD card for it. I have been using the same and I think that it will be smart choice for you as well.

Hey thanks for the same, I have just checked it out but then according to the specs and the demos of the Nook Color it is appearing to be quite underpowered for the browsing and playing videos, I meant that if it is combined with the above ones, just wanted to know that how is the performance of it??

I was using a Nook Tablet previously but then I have recently switched to Acer Iconia A100 and I really feel that I none of the features of the nook is missing here, rather than the stylus and the battery life as it is said to be 5 hours, I think that this will be a better one amongst the ones that has been mentioned above, just check out the detailed specs of the same on the web and compare it with other as well, I am sure that you will find the Acer Iconia A100 to be a better deal.