Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to Convert Kindle books for use on Barnes & Noble Nook ereader

Portable Devices

Old 21-02-2012

How to Convert Kindle books for use on Barnes & Noble Nook ereader

I have been using Ipod touch and there are some Kindle books on the same and now I am willing to get Barnes & Noble Nook ereader but then I want to use those Kindle books on the Nook, so is there a way in which I can convert the them for using them on the nook. Is there anyone who can help??

Old 21-02-2012

Re: How to Convert Kindle books for use on Barnes & Noble Nook ereader

Quote:
I have been using Ipod touch and there are some Kindle books on the same and now I am willing to get Barnes & Noble Nook ereader but then I want to use those Kindle books on the Nook, so is there a way in which I can convert the them for using them on the nook. Is there anyone who can help??
You can do that but then if they are the AZW ebooks, actually there are some Kindle ebooks which has the TOPAZ format and they are probably locked for the Kindle, other thing that should be taken in to mind is that as the AZW is essentially MOBI there is a need to remove the DRM and you can do that same by using mobidedrm and after that you can use Calibre and then just change the format from MOBI to ePub.
Old 21-02-2012

I think that there are not some Kindle ebooks having TOPAZ format but most probably most of them, I really don?t think that TOPAZ is just a small issue. I am able to acess those files but then I am not able to change the format and I am still stuck in reading them on on my PC or netbook, in my case the wishlist on Amazon is having almost 75% of them to be a Topaz format.
Old 21-02-2012

I agree to you but then the primary problem here is that TOPAZ ebooks are exclusive to Amazon, in have found some TOPAZ titles to be replaced by AZW but then not many, below are the 2 main technical hurdles for changing the TOPAZ format:
  • Circumventing DRM
  • Converting them to other format
The other thing that I wanted to share is that why do one want to strip the DRM as the DRM-free TOPAZ ebooks are already locked for kindles and why to format shift as well when many of them are having DRM?
Old 21-02-2012

As far as I am ware the epub compatibility on the nook is capable of making the things easier, I mean that we just have to strip drm and after that convert them to epub and they are ready to use like charm.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,