Thread: Does sony warranty covers a cracked screen??

Does sony warranty covers a cracked screen??

I have been using Sony Reader PRS-T1 and today morning I have noticed that there are few small cracks on the screen I don’t know how they appeared suddenly, there are some crack lines as well, so I just wanted to know that can this be covered in the sony warranty?? I have found some saying it does if it is not accidental and so, is there anyone who has an idea about the same??

Re: Does sony warranty covers a cracked screen??

I have been using Sony Reader PRS-T1 and today morning I have noticed that there are few small cracks on the screen I don’t know how they appeared suddenly, there are some crack lines as well, so I just wanted to know that can this be covered in the sony warranty?? I have found some saying it does if it is not accidental and so, is there anyone who has an idea about the same??
    I don’t think that it is covered in the Sony’s warranty unless if one has purchased accident policy from Sony, there are no chances of a crack to be appearing suddenly, it might be so that the accidental damage would have happen without your knowledge and so.

Might be possible but then the cracks were not there yesterday anyways I just wanted to know that can I get the accident policy from Sony now and if yes then what will be the cost of it?? Do you have an idea about the same??? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

As far as the accident policy from Sony and their cost is concerned you can check out Sony Reader Warranty Options, the other thing that I wanted to share is that you can get a new accident policy now and they are to be bought at the time you buy the device and so. You cannot do a "retrospective" claim for damage which has occurred after getting the policy.