Thread: Sony Reader PRS-T1 battery is draining faster after update: 1.0.04.12210

Sony Reader PRS-T1 battery is draining faster after update: 1.0.04.12210

I have been using Sony Reader PRS-T1 and it was working fine without any issues but then since after updating the firmware to update: 1.0.04.12210 I have noticed that the battery is draining faster as compared to the with the previous firmware that it was having, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it out??

Re: Sony Reader PRS-T1 battery is draining faster after update: 1.0.04.12210

I have been using Sony Reader PRS-T1 and it was working fine without any issues but then since after updating the firmware to update: 1.0.04.12210 I have noticed that the battery is draining faster as compared to the with the previous firmware that it was having, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it out??
    If you want then you can try out recalibrating the battery meter and in order to do so follow the below steps:
    • First connect the charger and then use the Root Explorer in order to delete the /data/system/batterystats.bin.
    • After that turn off the device and then let it charge till full

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

I have tried out the same as it was suggested to me in other forum as well but then there someone has mentioned to Power -off when not using reader but then I have found that the some stuffs still keep running in the sleep mode.

That what is the sleep mode meant for,I mean that you can put it in the sleep mode when not in use rather than turning it off every time and the only thing that keep running is the sleep mode when you put the device to sleep, so tips to maintain the performance of the battery is charging it when the battery appears close to completely down and so, other than this you can also use a wall charge and you really don’t have to worry about overcharging and all with it.

I was having the same issue after the update but then what I did was, I kept reading books until the meter stated no charge left and until the red light came on, after that I charged it to full and now the battery is appearing to be performing well, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping.