Thread: Unlock code for samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Unlock code for samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Hey friends I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket last Tuesday, actually it was my birthday present from one of my friends. Now the problem is that I want the unlock code for my Galaxy S2. I think the phone was purchased from AT&T. when contacted, I found that they couldn’t find me on AT&T database as I said that the phone was gifted to me someone else.

I really don’t have any other idea how should I get the unlock code. Can anyone tell you from where I can get this unlock code and also please let me know the price?

Re: Unlock code for samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Wow that’s great, you know even I bought the same phone last week and also I am looking out for the unlock code for my phone. Even I am unable to get the unlock code from AT&T, as according to them I have not been with them for long time. I would really not pay their bill and if possible I will not pay the roaming bills.

Anyways coming back the topic let me tell you that somehow I tried to get the unlock code through one of my friend. He suggested me to go on net and check out for Samsung factory service. Trust me I got my unlock code within 30 minutes maybe I would have got it more early but due to I was new over there it took some time for me to understand the things which extended the time. I would also let you know the charge they applied on providing the unlock code, it was $30, $30 was just because it wasn’t found in the AT&T database. If it would have found then definitely they would have charged me around $5 to $10 I guess.

Thanks for the information you have provided but let me tell you my friend I am at zero level with respect to both technical and browsing techniques. So can you please tell me where exactly I should go when I start internet. Can you please send me the link from where exactly you got the unlock code.

I would better suggest you to get the unlock code from AT&T itself if you have really purchased your phone from there. Not only they will provide you the code with minimal price but also they can assure you a safer way of doing the things.

But even if you are willing to get the code from other than AT&T then I would definitely suggest you few placed from where you can unlock your phone on web. For my Samsung phone I was charged around $25 and trust me the unlock code was available to me within 10 minutes. I visited some unlock liberty site found on google. I guess they support all countries and carriers. You can also get more sites but for that you need to search a lot on web only then you can get into a proper place.

I am extremely sorry if I have posted in a wrong section, but as here the discussion is going around regarding the unlock code so I decided to post here the almost related doubt of mine. Please help me knowing about the unlock code. I know it’s a silly question but I really don’t know anything about unlocking the phone and all. Recently my brother bought a new Samsung Galaxy S for me, and I was told my friends to unlock the phone. Feeling ashamed of asking them about it I certainly shook my head and agreed to do so but now I feel bit helpless. Before performing the unlock I would really wanting to know what exactly it means and after that also if possible let me what are the possible requirements for this process.

In simple term unlock code does nothing but just make your cell phone SIM unlock, it mean that after unlocking your phone you can possibly use any SIM of any GSM network worldwide.

If you are not aware let me tell you that there are certain Telecom companies who sell out the products with certain specific necessary things. The same way they sell the cell phone providing the specific SIM card, with that cell phone you are restricted to use any other SIM card other than the one which is provided to you. But they have also provided you with a solution if you really want to switch to some other card. Unlock code is the only solution to get rid of this so called issue.

Unlocking your phone is a very sweet and simple process, you can perform this process safely without getting any issue. For this you just have to provide the brand name of your handset along with the IMEI code, now this code is available in your cell phone. In most of the phone this IMEI code can be found by doing this:
    • Type *#06# on your phone screen then press Enter
    • IMEI code will be displayed on the screen

Also if possible some of the people ask for the name of your country and the Carrier you are using. After providing these information and paying for the unlock code based on their price list you will be either mailed with the code or else you can also receive a message from them. You just have to enter those 8 digit unlock code on your phone and then everything is done. Your phone is unlocked completely.

As according to my experience I followed the exact same above procedure in order to get my phone unlocked. i did it from AT&T as I bought my phone from there. They charged me $7 for providing me the unlock code.

In my case all I did was just a call and then the code was sent to me via mail within 5 minutes. You need not have to use wired or wireless connection like a cable or software. And also let me tell you that you are not suppose to be an expertise or need to have any technical knowledge for this thing. Everything is done through a phone. Just a single call and then your work are done in a very simple way.