Thread: Google maps crash on Nokia N8 Belle

Google maps crash on Nokia N8 Belle

I have a Nokia N8; I installed Google maps on my phone. I tried using them but my phone just crashes and restarts itself. So I tried closing all the running parallel apps and started Google maps, but again the same thing happened. When I start Google maps, after using it for some 3 to 4 minutes the screen freezes for some seconds and then it turns white and loads the startup screen. Can anybody help me with it?

Re: Google maps crash on Nokia N8 Belle

The version of Google Maps you are using might be unstable or not compatible with your phone. Try updating the Google maps application. If still the problem persists, then the problem can be related to the voice you use for navigation. I too had such problems with my phone. I was using custom voice for navigation which created problems. Try changing back to default voice for navigation.

Sometimes such problems are caused due to bad mass memory. Fill your memory with music files and video files, only valid and healthy ones. If your phone crashes, then your phone is suffering from bad mass memory problem. You can solve this problem by taking your phone to Nokia service centre.

My experience with Nokia phones tells me that Google maps don’t work great with mobiles having support for OVI maps. If comparison is made between OVI maps and Google maps, then Google Maps don’t support text with characters from German, Finnish & Swedish language well. It is problematic for Google Maps user to find locations in Germany, Finland & Sweden. Whereas, OVI maps don’t create such problems. So I suggest that one should stick to OVI maps when using Nokia phones.

Another reason for this crash might be that you must be trying to use positioning or navigation via Wi-Fi network. Try integrated GPS method. In this method, you have to set Google maps on Google satellite server address for positioning or navigation. Try it, might stop Google maps from crashing.