Thread: Is there any "hand tool" for reading PDFs in Nook STR

Is there any "hand tool" for reading PDFs in Nook STR

I read a no of pdf and I am willing to get a Nook STR, I have been using Kindle 4 but then it was really very difficult to do web reading with buttons drives. I have found that one can zoom in while browsing in Nook and move the zoom are as well but then I just wanted to know that can we do the same with STR for the PDFs and JPEGs?? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same??

Re: Is there any "hand tool" for reading PDFs in Nook STR

I read a no of pdf and I am willing to get a Nook STR, I have been using Kindle 4 but then it was really very difficult to do web reading with buttons drives. I have found that one can zoom in while browsing in Nook and move the zoom are as well but then I just wanted to know that can we do the same with STR for the PDFs and JPEGs?? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same??
    I have been using Nook STR from a long time and the answer is simply “NO” I really miss the same functionality here, I wish if there could be some "hand tool" in adobe reader.

I have checked out for the same and I have found that there are some programs that can be installed on Nook STR without any issues and can be used as well but then the problem with then is that they are not capable of moving the zoomed area, anyways I just wanted to know that how many zoom modes are there in Nook. In K4 there were four for e.g. 150%, 200%, 300% and "actual size" is it the same in Nook??

I have been using Nook STR from a long time and the answer is simply “NO” I really miss the same functionality here, I wish if there could be some "hand tool" in adobe reader.
    I really don’t think so, even I have been using STR and it seems to be very good for reading PDF's it is capable of handling the PDF's as well as compared to that of epub, I have not yet faced panning and all. I will also like to share that many of the pdfs provide us with a choice of 3 to 6 font sizes and because of which there are no missing areas when we enlarge the font as well but then the thing that I miss is that there is no choice for the font style and it is just having a choice of workable size, I wish if we could the nook gets an Dropbox.

I will like to inform you all that even sony reflows text on PDF, I mean that Kobo eReader Touch is capable of zooming in and then you can move the zoomed are as well with the fingers but then the problem here is that it does not work for all the PDF books and just works ok for some of the PDF books with touch screen interface. I think that a Larger LCD screen say around 10 inch screen will be best for PDF.

I am not that aware of the sony and as far as the Kobo eReader Touch is concerned I have tried out the same and the zooming feature that you have just mentioned was just a pain to deal with, it had just work fine for two or three documents that I had, I was here to share my experience with the Nook STR as some has mentioned that reading PDFs for them was not an good experience and so. I will again say that there is actually no need for zooming, panning and reading the different areas of the page as the nook is very well capable of handling pdfs as long as they are epubs. Hope that clears doubt of others.