Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-02-2012

Updating Google voice over VOIP in Symbian

I own a Nokia N8 and want to switch to new T-Mobile prepaid plan of $30 unlimited text messages and 100 calls. I?d like to VOIP to avoid extra charge for minutes. Does anyone know any way to configure Symbian?s built in VOIP client to run Google Voice.
Old 21-02-2012

Re: Updating Google voice over VOIP in Symbian

Google Voice works against the terms of Services of Nokia. It has to be accessed in Symbian through chat settings. You can use QGVDial (QT Google Voice Dialer) for symbian to use Google voice. It is available for Symbian on OVI store.
Old 21-02-2012

I got QGVDial installed for my phone. One has to accept terms and conditions of OVI. But it does not work as I thought for international calls. On the dial screen, it gives us 3 options:
1) Dial back: Mobile
2) Dial Back: Google
3) Dial Out: Mobile
When an international call is made it shows a message saying, ?you don't have enough credits. Goodbye?. It works fine for domestic calls.
Old 21-02-2012

Google Voice does not do VOIP itself. An additional VOIP service is installed. You can install Symbian VOIP Client from official Nokia website. Once you get your VOIP number, add it in settings of Google voice. Once done, select Call back number to make a call. It doesn?t work well with call out numbers.
Old 21-02-2012

Not every VOIP client is computable with every version of Symbian. I suggest that one should fist download the trial version of VOIP client and see if it is compatible wit version of OS of one?s phone before getting the licensed version. Also adding ?+? before dialing numbers from foreign countries increases chances of being successfully connected over Google Voice.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,