Thread: Best application to customize the LED notification on Galaxy Nexus

Best application to customize the LED notification on Galaxy Nexus

Hello friends, yesterday I bought a new Samsung phone, I mean I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Really enjoying the applications and the stuffs present inside it. This is the best phone till now I have ever come across. I liked each and everything present in it, so no complains or negative review from my side.

My reason to come here is that I need to have some discussion regarding the LED notification. You know I am really willing to make or to modify the LED notification of Nexus. But unfortunately I am unable to do that, I guess I need some application in order to carry on the activity. Can anyone suggest me the best app to customize the LED notification?

Re: Best application to customize the LED notification on Galaxy Nexus

Better you use a NoLed application for your phone. I am already using it on my Nexus S and trust me I am really enjoying it, so maybe even you will like it. As needed it have different colors for different notifications.

This application displays custom notification icons or dots on the screen. you can find many options and feathers present in this application which is really help you to customize your notification and deliver you in the best way it can. Actually this app was majorly first developed for Samsung Galaxy S but it was lacking the physical dedicated LED. You can download this application this app from android market for free.

Better go for Lightflow android application. I am using this application from past 2 month and its working great. As needed firstly it takes the control over your notifications, LED, repeating sounds, Vibration and many more. It also takes the control of the trackballs in order to flash one color after another with an ease. It also makes it possible to set a repeated sounds or vibration pattern for your notification. As you can’t see the lights, sound and vibration you can set “sleep time” or “On Charge” easily.

I would better suggest you to first try out the lite version and then go for the original one from the android market. The reason I am suggesting you to first try out the lite version is because there has already been lots of reports by the Galaxy Nexus users about the incompatibility of this app. There is also some of the phone which requires the privilege to access the LEDs.

One thing you can do if you face any problem related to this application or just because of this app is to first update your phone and then reboot it. My HTC phone needs a compatibility mode setting, both other HTC phones running Gingerbread OS requires root access due to HTC charging the permission on the LED control files.

Even I would suggest you to download and install Lightflow application rather than installing noLED. There are about almost all the system event whose notification color can be controlled Lightflow app:

• Missed calls
    • Voice mail
    • Calendar reminders
    • gmail
    • email
    • SMS messages
    • Low battery
    • No signal
    • Google talk

There are certain limitations of Lightflow application, not all the phone are able to support all the colors.

Supported color, with compatibility mode on:
    • HTC desire - 5 colors
    • HTC Desire HD – 3 colors
    • Thunderbolt - 3 colors

• There are also few phone which easily lights up the notification only when the display screen is powered off
    • Whereas few phone can’t keep their notification light always on
    • Also some phone may not be able to blink notification and due to that reason it will always be on.

Hey friends I have already downloaded the Lightflow application on my Nexus but it seems like I am facing certain problem with this application. The first thing is that after downloading this application I am unable to move it on to the SD card, I don’t know whenever I try to move the app it automatically comes to its original place. But you know I can move rest all other android application to the SD card properly without facing any issue.

I think I am facing this issue just because I directly installed the full version of Lightflow instead of first going for the lite version as suggested. Is it necessary to first try out the lite version and then go for the full version? I am really confused.

The first think I need to tell you that the lite version or the full version of this app is not at all the reason for your issue, in fact I would like to tell you that you are not at all facing any issue. Actually the application has been prevented to get into the SD card by android.

Due to the use of alarm trigger this application cannot be installed onto the SD card and that’s the reason android has restricted this app to get into the SD card.