Thread: How to Flash Acer Aspire 5535 BIOS

How to Flash Acer Aspire 5535 BIOS

Right now I own an Acer Aspire 5535-5452 laptop. From the past few days I am getting problem with entering into BIOS settings. It looks like Bios has been corrupted. My friend told me that, I have to use Crisis Recovery Disk to flash the BIOS. Does anyone know where I can get the Crisis Recovery Disk or create one? Is there any way to make it on USB Flash Drive? Tell me the procedures.

Re: How to Flash Acer Aspire 5535 BIOS

I don’t know whether such a recovery options is possibly available but if there one, then you have to get the BIOS files from the Acer. After that you can follow the instructions as told in the recovery to flash the BIOS. The BIOS files and instructions are model specific. So always keep in mind.

Updating the BIOS always bring beneficial consequences for the team. To do this we need to create a flash drive or bootable USB storage device on which you put MS-DOS and the BIOS files needed in question.
    • Get USB flash drive, HP USB-Flash, MS-DOS files, latest BIOS
    • Connect the flash drive into a USB port on your PC
    • Unzip the file HPUSBFW.rar, bootme.zip and the latest BIOS file.
    • Run the file that was HPUSBFW.exe HPUSBFW.rar folder.
    • Select our pendrive from the dropdown menu "Device". In the "Format Options" mark: Quick Format and Create a DOS startup disk Using DOS system files located at: and select the folder "bootme"
    • Click on Start, and say "Yes". We hope to finish.
    • Once finished, copy the contents of the latest BIOS file to the root directory of USB flash
    • Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on the Acer Aspire One and reboot the system. The process will then automatically complete within a minute.

Best way to flash is by Win98 boot disk or the like where the DOS flash program is automatically called by autoexec.bat with the appropriate parameters. And that's where my knowledge runs out.

Crisis Recovery only works from a floppy disk, so you will have to find a floppy drive on the target system. A bootable CD-ROM, USB storage device (pen drive, memory stick) or any other storage medium will not do, so do not waste your time trying.

In order to flash the BIOS, you have to download the most up-to-date version of BIOS for your laptop. You can easily download it from the manufacturer's website. One more thing is, Crisis Recovery will flash whatever you stored in it. Normal checks to distinguish if image matches are skipped, therefore make sure that you have the proper Bios file. Once downloaded, find the BIOS binary file, rename it and move the BIOS.WPH to the CRDC folder.

First of all see whether the BIOS flash or update surely going to resolve whatever problem you are getting. See whether there is any way around to solve the problem. Make sure that the BIOS update is a critical task. Incorrect procedure could render motherboard as useless.

Dear Echa,

Kindly share your details or call upon Acer Toll free to find the exact issue & its respective solution.

You can also visit to nearest service center for further solution.

Regards
    Acer_India

Quote Originally Posted by Echa View Post
    Right now I own an Acer Aspire 5535-5452 laptop. From the past few days I am getting problem with entering into BIOS settings. It looks like Bios has been corrupted. My friend told me that, I have to use Crisis Recovery Disk to flash the BIOS. Does anyone know where I can get the Crisis Recovery Disk or create one? Is there any way to make it on USB Flash Drive? Tell me the procedures.
    Hi,

Can you please send us your contact details via a personal message? We will get in touch with you and help you sort this out.

Alernatively you can also get in touch with us using the following links