Thread: Internet Passthrough From PC to Samsung Galaxy Mini

Internet Passthrough From PC to Samsung Galaxy Mini

Currently I am using the Samsung Galaxy mini. Yesterday I have seen that my friends is able to use the internet from PC to HTC wildfire S. it seems to me that the wildfire S a built in passthrough function. I know that Galaxy mini does not have this functionality but it would be better if there any software or application for Samsung. So using it I can able to use pc's internet on Mobile. Do you guys know any?

Re: Internet Passthrough From PC to Samsung Galaxy Mini

Until now reverse tethering is not implemented in standard software. Also, no third-party software is available that allows reverse tethering without special settings. But first we have to work us from the simple to the difficult part.

I've also had no success with it and would appreciate a solution. I have tried Connectivity and directly tried to create an ad-hoc network. I can find the network tries connect me, but do not transmit data.

Reverse Tethering Android is an interesting project that I found on XDA forum that allows you to use an internet connection to surf on a Android device via USB connection with the so-called Reverse Tethering.

AS far as I know the Reverse Tethering depends on the connection to the grid depends on an available Wi-Fi. Almost every built after 2004 "Simple" mobile phone has a built-in UMTS modem, which is accessible from outside via Bluetooth - Bluetooth DUN ("Network Dialup"). What you need is an application for the Android platform which could solve the problem easily. They would be installed directly on the tablet or phone and chooses ideally with a single click into the network.

There are few apps somewhere in the XDA forum. I have seen them myself. At present, this operation can only run on smartphones with root permissions: Android Tethering provides reverse everything you need to do this. I could write a little guide, but it's all about the XDA forum, in addition to download, find all the information and explanations that serve. This is very basic, but then again it only works on devices with root permissions!

Reverse tethering is more difficult. I want to emphasize right at the beginning, there are no outdated and unsafe possibilities discussed! All technologies will be examined only on tethering. No detailed description of the software is given yet, but only insofar as it serves the subject.

First of all you need a PC connected to the Internet via a standard network cable - Twisted-pair cable. Then the PC is equipped with Wi-Fi, which connects to the Android phone. Such a connection is called ad-hoc basis. However, it is currently not possible to connect in this way using an Android phone. Although this possibility is not implemented in the Android software.

The easiest way is probably buy a Wi-Fi router and wait for the problems with ad hoc to be addressed.

I have solution and it is all about the Windows without the use of Android software. What you need to is, to create Virtual Wifi Hotspot. For this you will need special software for your Windows computer. With Windows 7, there is now a one way to create virtual Wi-Fi hotspot. So you can surf with your Android phone, without a real Wi-Fi hotspot nearby. To simplify matters. A nice program called Сonnectify can do all possible things for you. The drawback is obvious, not all may, or may work with Windows 7.