Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

HP pavilion is not booting error code BIOHD-4

Portable Devices

Old 20-02-2012

HP pavilion is not booting error code BIOHD-4

I have been using HP pavilion and it was working fine by now but then I donít know what went wrong with it suddenly and it is not booting anymore and I just get a cursor flashing in the top left hand corner, when I ran the diagnostic tool then I got the following error:
Testing: Boot path failed
Error code: BIOHD-4

Error:Unitialized/Corrupt boot structure detected.
I have searched out for the same and I have found that it is a related to the hard drive failure is there any solution that I can try out to get it working??

Old 20-02-2012

Re: HP pavilion is not booting error code BIOHD-4

In that case you can try to use the repair disk if you have and try to create your MBR, just boot from the Repair CD and then open the command prompt and type the below commands and see if you are able to boot properly after that:
Bootrec /fixboor
Bootrec /fixmbr

Just try it out and then post back the result hat you get.
Old 20-02-2012

I am having the recovery cd and it is working fine as well but then if I proceed with the same then it will be deleting all the programs and the application that I am having and I donít want to lose them, Is there any other solution rather than trying what you have mentioned, I will be keeping this as my laso solution if I donít find any other solution.
Old 20-02-2012

I am not talking about the recovery CD I am talking about repair disk they are different, if you are having windows 7 in some other hp laptop then you can just go in to start menu and then look out for System repair and once you get it then make a bootable cd for that and then try to use the same cd in your laptop and see if it is helping.
Old 20-02-2012

If the above solution does not work for you then there are chances that the hard drive in you case might have gone faulty and you will have to get it replaced, you can go through the below thread for more information.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,