Thread: Possible advantages of an improved wifi card on Le1600

Possible advantages of an improved wifi card on Le1600

I had certain problems with the wifi connection on my Motion LE1600 tablet pc from last 2 months. When consulted some of the experts, they all suggested me to replace or change my wifi card of my tablet. Believing that there could be some other alternate solution I called up the support center but guess what even they suggested me the exact same solution. After here this, I wonder how exactly this upgraded or improved wifi card will be with respect to it improvement.

Neither I am here to discuss about the issue with my wifi connection nor I am here to get some more alternate solutions but rather I am here to know the possible benefits of upgrading the wifi card of our system. So anyone who can tell me what changes we can notice after having an improved wifi card on to our system.

Re: Possible advantages of an improved wifi card on Le1600

Obviously replacing the wifi card or having an improved one will definitely show a vast improvement and also gives you more benefit if your older card was unable to fulfill it or got defected.

But if you ask generally then I would say that an improved common wifi card can definitely give you a faster wifi connection and speed which will again help you to get a full-fledged faster video streaming and downloading. Also if the wifi card is of high quality and the best one then again it will definitely be able to catch the single even if the routers are placed at an extreme or remote point and also if there are barriers between your device and the routers. The only thing you need to make sure is that for all such benefits you need to get such better quality of cards and also your system or device should be able to support it.

Hey thanks for making this thread, you know even I have some doubt which I need to clear regarding the wifi card. I was feeling quite awkward to make a thread for my silly and simple questions but trust me friends I am complete dumb when it the technical word. I really wanted to improve myself and also wanted to increase my knowledge.

Anyways the first and the fore most things I need to know is the one which is already been posted above, I really need to know what could be the possible benefits of upgrading the wifi cards. Also please help me in letting know the best wifi card I could get for my laptop. What are the aspects I need to see in order to get the best wifi card?

Hey thanks for making this thread, you know even I have some doubt which I need to clear regarding the wifi card. I was feeling quite awkward to make a thread for my silly and simple questions but trust me friends I am complete dumb when it the technical word. I really wanted to improve myself and also wanted to increase my knowledge.
    Its seems like you people first need to know the basic and the most common advantages of both the wifi and wifi cards. You must have known that upgrading the wifi card or anything can improve or change the thing depending on the upgrade that has been taken place. Also the benefits and advantages of anything depend upon the brand and the quality. If you just blindly ask anyone about the benefits of wifi card or something else trust me they will just be able to tell you the basic and the core advantages of the desired thing and not the exact specific feature or advantage. So better first know the basic features of the things which you really wanted to learn.

Let me just tell you the issue I was facing with my initial wifi card, actually the problem with it what that it use to get hotter and hotter as much I use to use my wifi connection but at the time of no wifi access their use to be no such issue. I don’t know what brand of wifi card actually my LE1600 was possessing instead I just know that the card was already installed in it from the time I bought this tablet. Just wanted to install the current new one but not sure how to fix it.

Is it that simple or as easy as installing a Ram onto a slot? I also heard that I will have to install the drivers again.

Mounting or placing the wifi card is as simple as installing a Ram into a Ram slot. Actually most of the card presents in any of the system shares the same procedure of installation if there is a slot present for the fixation.

In system I am suppose to unplug the 2 tiny wires then I need to insert the card into the slot and also I need to make sure that the wifi card has been properly placed and fixed, once it is properly place the two wires are re plugged and the things are done. And regarding the drivers, yes you are required to install the necessary drivers in order to make your wifi card function properly.

there are many systems present in the market which come with a built in pre-installed wifi cards, so most probably you are suppose to get a wifi cards only when the existing one gets repaired. There are various different cards present for different system.

Few of the cards comes up as a USB adapter where as few others comes up as compatible with the PCMCIA slots. For PCMCIA slots you simply need to place the card in the slot in a perfect direction, after the installation as said above you are also suppose to install all the required drivers and the software on to your system in order to make the wifi card work. Once done with the installation, your Wi-Fi is ready to receive any wireless signal within the range of your router. For a successful connection it is also necessary for your router to be of well improved quality. As compared to the USB adapter PCMCIA slots are very much compact and smaller, so obviously they are more comfortable and appropriate with the laptops and tablets, whereas the USB adapters are most probably meant for Desktops.

Compatibility of the wifi card with the OS is also very much necessary. I had windows XP OS running into my laptop during the time when I first bought it and also my wifi card was a built in one so never had a problem, but when my wifi card was defected I bought another new same brand wifi card. But later the issue was that I switched system to Windows 7 OS and this new wifi card was not at all compatible with this OS. i was forced to switch back to XP just to install this new wifi card.