Thread: Not able to install windows xp on HP Compaq tc4400

Not able to install windows xp on HP Compaq tc4400

I have been using HP Compaq tc4400 and it is running ubuntu currently but then now I was willing to install xp on the same but then the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to install xp on it then I am getting a message saying bad hard drive, I really don’t think that there is not issue with the hard drive as ubuntu is still running on the same without any issues, is there anyone who can help me in fixing out this issue and installing xp on HP Compaq tc4400.

re: Not able to install windows xp on HP Compaq tc4400

I have been using HP Compaq tc4400 and it is running ubuntu currently but then now I was willing to install xp on the same but then the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to install xp on it then I am getting a message saying bad hard drive, I really don’t think that there is not issue with the hard drive as ubuntu is still running on the same without any issues, is there anyone who can help me in fixing out this issue and installing xp on HP Compaq tc4400.
    What is the size of the HDD in your case and have you checked out if it is having enough space to install xp as you have mentioned it is running windows xp currently, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I don’t think that this is an issue related to the space as in my case I am having a 120 hard drive and I think that the xp should be within the partition and as far as the partition is concerned, I have divided 80 for xp and the left is for linux, so there are not possibilities of any issue because of the space and all, I think that this is due to some kind of driver issue as I am just having the tc1100xp tablet pc edition sp2 recovery disc and there are possibilities that it might be not having all the required drivers.

I just wanted to know if the hard drive is new or old?? And as far as the drier is concerned you can get it from the hp site, if you are willing to install xp then you will have to start from theb scratch I mean that first you will have to format you 120 gig drive with a program like partition manager, you can get the drivers from the below site:

I also wanted to know that when you were trying to install Windows XP then did it asked you for any key or it just got loaded up, just answer the same for further help.

Thanks for your help but then how will I use those drivers if I am not able to install xp, I mean that it is just not booting and I am not able to get to the driver stage, the other thing that I have found is that bios was not updated with the latest update and it is not able to find out the matching rom family as well, I have checked out the HP driver support page and it is listing a rom family but then I don’t know why I am not getting it on tablet, what should I do now??

Even I need some help regarding the same, actually in my case I have been running ubuntu 11.10 and I have installed dos and have made the device dual boot using dos- xp but then the issue that I am facing is that the drive that I having xp is not booting up, I have tried switching drive and then booting it on other computer and have found that on other computer boots up fine, I don’t know what is the issue all about, I am getting the below error when I am trying to boot on HP Compaq tc4400:
    “HIDusb.sys caused an unexpected error 18 at line 5964 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c”
    Is there anyone who can try to help me out as well???