Thread: Which is the fastest OS for HP Compaq tc1100

Which is the fastest OS for HP Compaq tc1100

I have been using HP Compaq tc1100 and it is running on Windows 7 but then I am finding it very slow and now I am willing try out the fastest os,I have checked out the JoliCloud and its latest version is said to be supporting the device but then it’s not there for touch screen, so is there anyone who can suggest me a better os that I can install on tc1100, it should provide a better brightness, sound, graphics, etc

Re: Which is the fastest OS for HP Compaq tc1100

I have been using HP Compaq tc1100 and it is running on Windows 7 but then I am finding it very slow and now I am willing try out the fastest os,I have checked out the JoliCloud and its latest version is said to be supporting the device but then it’s not there for touch screen, so is there anyone who can suggest me a better os that I can install on tc1100, it should provide a better brightness, sound, graphics, etc
    I have been switching between Ubuntu and Win 7 but then I am not able to make out that which one is better, I was willing to use Jolicloud but then it does not work with digitizer, currently I am using Windows 7 as I am having most of my work in OneNote and the only possible way to access the ink is running Windows in OneNote, in my case I am having 2GB of RAM and an SSD and It works fine for me.

Have you tried using JoliCloud?? If yes than was it easy? I am asking you so because I have found a no of people who have been struggling to get the pen work on JoliCloud and they still have not got success.

I have not tried Jolicloud on my TC1100 but then I have used it on my Archos 9, actually it comes as built in with the ubuntu base and the pen works fine with the ubuntu, so I think that its compatibility might be concerning it, I wanted to know if you have tried out opening synaptic and finding out in wacom if it is available or not, if not then check it out and see what you get.

Even i have tried windows 7 but then it was too bloated and a no of additional features are also missing as compare to that of the windows xp, currently I have switched back to windows xp and I think that I am getting a better performance, in my case I am having SSD installed and I have been using FAT32 format and I think that this is helping me in getting extra and better performance, I wanted to share that it takes just 20 seconds for the bootup and not more than 5 to 6 seconds to shutdown, of you want then you can try out the same rather than using xp.

I think that you might be lucky with it, even I have been looking after finding an os that cab perform faster, by now I have tried out the below os and I don’t think that they are standing well to my expectations:
    • windows 7
    • windows xp
    • ubuntu

I have not yet tried jolicloud but then I will try out that soon and will let you know all.

I think that windows xp is the best for TC1100, I have been using the same from a long time and I think that it realy gives a better performance to the other os that has been mentioned above, like one has mentioned that it takes very less time for booting and shutdown I also wanted to add that Applications like journal as well as Office 2010 apps are loaded in just one seconds, even I will suggest you to try out the same and experience the difference yourself.