Thread: Toshiba satellite Error "operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer"

Toshiba satellite Error "operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer"

I received an email which had an embedded link to a video. When I clicked on the link to open it, a message came up saying ‘operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer’. Anybody can help me solve this problem.

Re: Toshiba satellite Error "operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer"

The link in the email on your computer may not be accessible due to several reasons. I can’t provide you with solution unless you can give details of your system. One thing I can tell you is that browsers like Google Chrome sometimes mess with the registry entry.

You can try if deleting registry keys like HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.htm

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html are deleted for good functioning of computer.

Re: Toshiba satellite Error "operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer"

Toshiba Satellite - psaf3u-0pd00v, Operating system, 32-bit Windows Vista, Microsoft Office 7

I reinstalled Google Chrome and deleted the above mentioned Registry keys. I use Microsoft Outlook for email. I used the registry script and rebooted. But it still did not solve the problem.

You try the following process, it may solve your problem. I think the problem is with the access points that have been set on your computer settings.
    1) Go to Control Panel.
    2) Click on the Add or remove programs, on the left side panel find and enter Set default programs and access points.
    3) Click on Microsoft windows.
    4) In that window, set E mail program to ‘Use my current Microsoft e-mail program’.