Thread: Host applications have stopped working on Toshiba Satellite P505-S8940

Host applications have stopped working on Toshiba Satellite P505-S8940

I bought a new Toshiba Satellite P505-S8940 last week, it look too good and quite impressive. Also I got a free Windows 7 upgrade along with this laptop.

But the problem is that whenever I try to install the Windows 7 OS from the CD which I got along with the Toshiba model as said above, a error message is popped up after every start up. This error message states that "Catalyst Control Center: Host application has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the problem and notify you if a solution is available". Can anyone make out for what reason this error is being occurred.

Re: Host applications have stopped working on Toshiba Satellite P505-S8940

Hey I had the same host application error. There is most of the application that have been affected because of this issue. No matter what I do but the yahoo messenger opens up with a blank screen. Actually when I bought my new Toshiba A300-29N, the first thing I tried was to access the yahoo messenger after I created another user on the system. I can see this issue only in the admin user.

I will better switch on to some other OS, no other choice is left I guess.

I have a L670d-st2n04 Toshiba Laptop with Windows XP running on it. When I tried to install Windows 7 on it, first of all it restricted me from installing and then anyhow when I installed the OS, it restricted from accessing the host application. The same yahoo messenger issue is encountered in my system too. I am getting that same catalyst error message. Just wanted to ask you all people that whether catalyst issue affects anything else other than the annoying message.

I was suggested with some ATI Display driver. I was told to download and install the driver but I am completely clueless how exactly I can get this driver in my laptop. Can anyone help me in downloading this driver?

There is a simple solution for this issue. You just have to download a driver called AMD/ATI Display Driver for Windows 7 (32/64). This driver is compatible for both 32 bit and 64 bit version. That’s all I have done and made my system run smoothly with no error messages and no host application stoppage.

The AMD/ATI Display Driver for Windows 7 (32/64) is of version: 8.634.1-090729a-086065C-Toshiba and is also applicable to almost all the models of Toshiba.

Here is the link for your download: AMD/ATI Display Driver