Thread: Nokia 603 touch screen not working properly

Nokia 603 touch screen not working properly

Hello firmed require your help if anyone over here can help me out to solve my problem as I am having very different problem as you would not have heard before. Let me tell you I had got a new Nokia 603 Black color mobile phone and there is some problem in its touch screen as when the mobile is kept on the table and nothing else is connected to it then the screen does not responds even after touching but if the mobile is in my hand of if any cable is connected to it then it works properly. I know you would not believe me but this is the problem. Even if the phone is kept on any metal surface then also the touch screen works properly. So I was just think weather is a software issue or not? And what should I do not.

Re: Nokia 603 touch screen not working properly

Yes you are right after reading your problem I am really shocked and I am not able to believe it that this can also happen, BTW have you tried to reset you phone but dialing * # 7370 # and if not try this. And after doing this also if your phone has this problem try to update your software to software version 111.020.0310 and even try to reinstall your firmware. I think out of this three anyone should help you out. And even if this does not helps you please do reply back. Till that time I will try and find some other solution for you problems.

I don’t this all this which the above user has mentioned can help you as it is a new mobile phone and as much as I know there are no updates available so soon for a new phone. I think this is some kind of software issue or I think there would be many applications which would be running on the back hand. But as you have mentioned that it happens almost every time then I suppose you need to send you phone to Nokia Car center. And if it is not a software bug then it will not get solved by doing the software update and all. I think you need to replace the display of your phone it would be faulty.

Hey friends and the post starter hi and let me tell you, you are not this one who is facing this kind of problem as I am having the same problem as you are. I think this problem is due to projected capacitance touch panel, as the touch screen is very sensitive. As the mobile does not have a metal body that screens it, the large capacitance swing among the condition when it is held by hand and when it is not sends the touch panel out of calibration conditions. And if it is the same problem then I think some different calibration algorithm of the touch panel can solve this issue. Hoping to get a perfect and proper solution for this problem.

I think the about user is telling a perfect solution but as I don’t know about the phone internals I am not sure that this is the solution but yes the problem is surely because of the capacitance around the phone. As the reference capacitance varies from the touch screen senses capacitance and it is definitely a software problem. But I think as the capacitance various too much in both condition as in your hand as well as the box surface this problem cannot be solved.

I think this is a software problem as Nokia people should solve this problem in their next software update. But you can do one thing which would help you a bit just switch off the vibration of touch screen. Here are the steps how to do it. Go to Menu -> Setting -> Profile -> General -> Personalise -> touch screen vibration -> OFF.

I also got a new Nokia 603 and this was what I felt and need to get in my New Phone like .mkv and .mp4 files do work very good but there is no audio output so I think if I am seen I movie it is like I can only see the movie but cant listen to it. And this mobile phone requires many good quality applications as there are many competitor of this OS (Belle).