Thread: suggestions for switching from iPhone to Lumia 900

suggestions for switching from iPhone to Lumia 900

I have always been a huge fan of iOS from last 5 years. I love all the devices of Apple, they are truly amazing. Right now I am using iPhone 4 which is also as usually the best handset Apple has produced till now.

Now recently my brother bought a new Windows Nokia Lumia 900 last week. This is the first time someone from my family has bought a windows Phone. I heard that Lumia 900 is getting lot of praises from the common users who are using it. Now what I am thinking to do is to switch my iPhone to this Lumia 900 just for a trial basis, and if I like it then definitely I will stick with this Lumia phone. But for this I need your help, wanted to get some suggestion whether this is a good option to try or else I should stay with what I have? Is this windows OS is really better than iOS?

Re: suggestions for switching from iPhone to Lumia 900

I think I will be the correct person to suggest you the best one amongst the both OS and also can give to the review as per my opinion. I have a ipad which is running an iOS 5 and also a Samsung Focus having Windows Phone 7 installed in it.

I personally feel that windows phone is quite simple as compared to the iPhone. Specifically I like the theme application of windows phone which is quite attractive. But if you consider a Lumia 900 I think it is the only phone which not only matches the built quality of iPhone but also but also have a the best features and design.

I would suggest you to get a Lumia 900 and definitely try it out.

I believe that iOS is the only user friendly operating system I have ever come across. It has never shown me an error or fooled me in front of my friends whenever I try to show them up some interesting features or application; it works as smooth as it worked the first time I bought. Day after day its becoming as better as earlier, never crashed or freeze, also never faced any hardware issues till now. I am not sure about the Nokia’s Windows phone but if you are really a genuine iDevice user from last 5 years then definitely you should carry on being a genuine customer instead of trying out something else and facing the problem with the differences.

Yes you are right my friend, if you are truly a genuine customer of apple then you should carry on being the same. As you said you already have a iPhone 7 with you and you are also very much satisfied with it then why trying to switch the brand and try to face either of the consequences with the differences. And I am definitely sure that you are not going to get the exact different taste with the windows phone as you are expecting, most of the people says that Lumia 900 gives you the same pleasure which you get from iPhone. But still few of the doubts regarding this Lumia 900 goes around my mind, just wanted to know that how exactly the Lumia hold up with multiple apps running in the background.

Nokia Lumia phones are same as the any other modern phone’s OS. They actually do not hold up multiple applications for a long time I guess. I think you know that Windows Phone supports background tasks like push mail, music, social networking etc.

These applications are stopped only when they are pushed to the background but the problem is that they are resumed easily after few seconds. This resuming of the application is possible depending on that application.

I had the worst experience with my Nokia Lumia 900 or Windows phone 7. Not one not two, I had multiple problems at the same time while using this phone.

After few weeks I realized that all of my applications are either not working well or they are not at all available.

Don’t know what’s wrong with the multitasking issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it won’t. Whenever I put the application in the background it automatically closes. For eg: If I am navigating through the Drive application, and then check my mails, the drive application closes automatically and then I lose my navigation.

Yeah I know that Nokia’s windows phone has this multitasking issue but other than that I don’t think it’s as bad as you people are portraying it. As multitasking do woks great in my Lumia 900 phone but yes I do have a small minor complain with the home screen customization. Actually it works great and also very much good as compared to iOS but the only thing is that we are limited from what we can do or see from the home screen. Also the Live tile is great but again it lacks a lot when we consider any android device.

If ask me overall i would like to say that I personally liked both Nokia Lumia 800 and 900 with respect to its looks, smoothness, intuitiveness and also the hardware and design of the phone which is quite impressive. If you eliminate certain faults like multitasking then at the end of the day you can say that it’s a great deal to have this phone.

If you are really bored with iOS and really wanted to try out something else with the best replacement then definitely go for Windows phone 7.