Thread: Toshiba Satellite L755-S5244 freezes

Toshiba Satellite L755-S5244 freezes

I am using the Toshiba Satellite L755-S5244 and that was running well but from last one week I found that the laptop is freezing all the times. Whenever I start using the laptop then it get freezes and I cannot do anything to it. Once this happens then I have to restart the system but again the same things happen after a few minutes. This is very frustrating and need to get this problem resolved as early as possible. I will be thankful to all the helpful suggestion for this. Please reply ASAP.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L755-S5244 freezes

What are the programs that you have set to start at the boot of the system? If any of such programs are buggy then it might create problem for you and you will get such issue. So as your system starts, check for this and remove all those programs from the startup lists which are not needed and see if that is helpful to you.

Have you made the auto-update enable for the operating system? In some of the cases, I have see n that making enable the automatic update also causes problem. Just disable the automatic update and make it just to notify when updates are available. When that notifies you that the updates are available then you can download and install the updates automatically. I am not saying that this is the only reason for this but you can try with this once for sure to be on safe side from this possibility.

My suggestion to you is to update the BIOs as well as the DMI to the latest version available. After the update, restart the system and that will solve the problem for you (if because of the outdated BIOS).

It is possible that there is some bug/fault in the hard drive that you are using and so you are facing this problem. To check this out, you can try to run the chkdsk. To run CHKDSK / F, you pass through the command prompt. Here are the steps: Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt. You entered the command, then Enter (here the mouse does not work). Good luck.

What is the antivirus that you are using with the system? Make sure that it is not set to scan for the virus on each boot. If that is set in this way then it will scan the system every time you start the system and this makes the system slow and some of the times it freezes the system as well.

Why don’t you run disk clean up on your computer? This is there in the Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup. Select the drive where you have installed the operating system. It will scan the drive and let you know that how much space that you can make free. Once it finishes the scan then cleans the drive. You can do it for all the other drives as well. This will surely boost the performance of the system and you may not get that freezing problem.

Is this problem started after installing some software? If yes then it is possible that the installed program is the culprit for this issue. The best thing that you can do is, to uninstall that software and restart the laptop. See if you are getting the same problem again.