Thread: Tricks and Tips For Motorola Droid 4

Tricks and Tips For Motorola Droid 4

really nice phone this is. I like the specs of this phone, but I need to know does anyone have yet figure out the any keyboard or any on screen short cuts. Generally like to know if there someone here know anything about the tips and tricks on this phone I would be really like to know this . is there someone with any idea of this please do share this with us , I will be appreciation this

thanks in advance

Re: Tricks and Tips For Motorola Droid 4

Hey I also need to know the same thing but precisely I need to know , on my phone I am not able to edit the default voicemail entry to add the pause after that add the code . I am not able to go to the voicemail right away at the moment . it was possible on my previous phone but not on this phone , I need to put in the code each time to access voicemail. Is there any alternative to this, can anyone help me on this would be glad
    Thanks

Even I need a bit help here , my older phone use to have icon for voicemail, missed calls and the unread message on the front display. Also I was able to chance the change color and/or have a number near them to indicate if I had it . how can I able to make my phone to do the same so that I can able see the if I got the voicemail, missed calls.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePain View Post
    Hey I also need to know the same thing but precisely I need to know , on my phone I am not able to edit the default voicemail entry to add the pause after that add the code . I am not able to go to the voicemail right away at the moment . it was possible on my previous phone but not on this phone , I need to put in the code each time to access voicemail. Is there any alternative to this, can anyone help me on this would be glad
    Thanks
    The solution I simple you have to edit the voice mail number from the Contacts and/or in Settings on the call setting , . just put this *86,,yourpin# . the comma is for the pause and two of them will work perfectly well . you need to long press the entry BEFORE you open it. To edit the voice mail number in contacts. Hope this help

Quote Originally Posted by Here-There View Post
    Even I need a bit help here , my older phone use to have icon for voicemail, missed calls and the unread message on the front display. Also I was able to chance the change color and/or have a number near them to indicate if I had it . how can I able to make my phone to do the same so that I can able see the if I got the voicemail, missed calls.
    Try this, on the top of the screen you will see a notification bar, it shows the notification on Missed calls, text messages, etc. all you need to do is just swipe it and it will be showing you all those stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    The solution I simple you have to edit the voice mail number from the Contacts and/or in Settings on the call setting , . just put this *86,,yourpin# . the comma is for the pause and two of them will work perfectly well . you need to long press the entry BEFORE you open it. To edit the voice mail number in contacts. Hope this help
    Hey I did what you have told me about the edit the number in Settings/Call options, however not in contacts. If I do that it will , If I contain a status bar alert, plus call voicemail on that alert, my pin is enter properly. but, if I just make use of the icon on the homescreen to call voicemail, just *86 is entered. Can you help me on this how to make that icon as well enter my pin

There are a many of application and widgets on the android market that be able to display you numbers of missed calls, sms, mms. You be able to as well get an application named the Widgetlocker to modify the lock screen and set those widgets on your lock screen. I have the Droid 4 phone yet, so I’m not certain its compatible, however it must be. There is also substitute application for about anything on the handset. Launchers change the desktop appearance and behavior of your handset, you can get another dialers, contacts, sms,roughly everything to theme your handset the way you like it. If you choose to root, in that case you can modify additional things.

Any one her need to know how to turn off push e-mail for a Gmail account , then hers is the method to do that all you need to do is

1. Go to seetings
    2. Accounts & sync
    3. Google account

Over there you can turn off/on sync for calendar, mail, as well as contacts. Just turn it off, this will not allow sync in any way, you will need to go to Gmail website in a browser, or else turn sync back on. I don’t make out if there is technique to have it check occasionally like pop3 email accounts.