Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-02-2012

Root Methods Discovered for Motorola Droid 4, withheld until a $500 bounty is raised

I was looking for the rooting method when I came across this article, which said that some security researcher named the Dan Rosenberg had found the rooting method for the Motorola Droid 4 along with the universal Motorola root method. So apparently the root access was discovered within day of its release, still both method is been withheld until a $500 bounty is raised. So what do you people feel about this please do comment .

Thanks
Old 18-02-2012

Re: Root Methods Discovered for Motorola Droid 4, withheld until a $500 bounty is raised

If you ask me I would like to tell you that This guy is a extremely appreciated security researcher, he deserve a more than that for what he's made and every hard roots he's found and made available. although I do hope he did it the way that usually all developer does it by ask donations after releasing the root.
Old 18-02-2012

Re: Root Methods Discovered for Motorola Droid 4, withheld until a $500 bounty is raised

This is not any more a donation. He is charging the people $500 for his rooting technique. Let's not mystify the two. I don?t care where the money is going . I wish others don't go in the same way for the reason that it is going trouble us ! One more awful trend started for the Android people, this is morally wrong
Old 18-02-2012

I really don?t understand that the why people say the software or computer professional needs to charge a fee for their services is morally wrong ? A software engineer works many hours writing an app plus people attack him after he have the courage to raise few dollars for his work. do your stylist cut your hair for free of charge... no? . Do you get salaried at work yes? What a morally wrong you are. I am fed up of the people expect everything at no cost. If you don't need it, you go ahead and work out how to root a handset on your own. Or you , could have donated 5 or 10 dollars each and say thank you . except in it s place, you show aggression on him.
Old 18-02-2012

These types of bounty wouldn't be hard to go beyond at all. If merely I'd have $1 every time someone downloaded a copy of a theme I work on we'd contain a few cash. though, I'm not being unreasonable. Just show that the smart phone owners in general is full with people who really believe spending $1 on hard work is also unfair or just flat out inequitable. Sad but true.
Old 18-02-2012

His purpose was good , but the implementation was not...I am happy he removed the bounty and if I own the device I might be nice to offer a donation.

Fine move to the dev to take away the bounty, you roughly bring the Android people back a massive step back.
Old 18-02-2012

Well at the moment I have the Droid 3 which is off the upgrade path that this was able to root . I am considering to donate money as it is going to the Red Cross.
Old 18-02-2012

There was a time when the Windows Mobile phones was there and donations didn't exist.. after some time the donation button was made-up, after that devs take it more further and just released their latest updates to them who contribute... at the present we are in fact frankly charging for development. presume next up CM10 will be $150 per device... How is this better stuff for the us ? If you need money to go to a particular charity then just list that is anywhere the money will go and people will donate liberally with no forced.
Old 18-02-2012

There was a time when the Windows Mobile phones was there and donations didn't exist. after some time the donation button was made-up, after that devs take it more further and just released their latest updates to them who contribute. at the present we are in fact frankly charging for development. presume next up CM10 will be $150 per device. How is this better stuff for the us ? If you need money to go to a particular charity then just list that is anywhere the money will go and people will donate liberally with not been forced.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,