Thread: Print screen function spoils the picture in Toshiba laptop

Print screen function spoils the picture in Toshiba laptop

I am using Toshiba laptop and I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. I am trying to find solution for odd behavior of Print screen function. In my laptop when I use function key with “Alt” or “print screen” key at that time it spoils the picture. Is there any way to turn off keyboard commands with Function key? If anyone have solution for this then let me know.

Re: Print screen function spoils the picture in Toshiba laptop

I would like to tell you that if you want to take screen shot of the whole screen then you can do that by pressing the print screen sysrq key. If you are looking for capturing active screen in your laptop then you have to press Alt key and print screen sysrq key. There is no need to use Function with that.

Yes that’s what I would also like to ask you that why are you using Function key for taking screenshots? In my laptop I use print screen button to take screen shots and then I paste it in paint so there is no need to use Function key.

Thank you for you replies. I know there is no need to use FN key for taking screen shots but in my laptop default shortcut keys of windows 7 is not working and when I use FN key + Print screen at that time it works but spoils the picture in my laptop. if anyone knows about how to revert shortcuts of windows 7 then let me know.

Thank you in advance.

You should first try to solve this problem by disabling the Toshiba flash cards feature and then you have to check whether you are able to use windows default shortcut keys or not? if after disabling the smartcard feature also same problem is occurring then you have to also make sure that printscreen.exe files is installed correctly or not?

You can also use Snipping Tool to take the screen shots. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

If you don’t know about how to turn off the flash cards then you have to follow these steps.
    • Click on start menu.
    • Select all programs.
    • Now click on Toshiba.
    • After that select utilities.

From there you have to turn off the Settings for Flash Cards and after turning off the Settings for Flash Cards you have to check whether your problem I get solved or not?

If you want to use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots then you have to first click on start menu and then you have to type Snipping Tool in the search box of the start menu. After that you have to press enter and then you have to select snip type which you want. There are different snip option in snipping tool such as Free-form Snip, Window Snip, Rectangular Snip. I am also using Snipping tool and it is very nice. You should also try this.