Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-02-2012

How to connect Macbook pro to DJ mixer

Right now I am using the Macbook pro. I have seen that lots of DJs uses Macbook Pro to play music along with dj mixer. Does anyone know how to connect the macbook pro and dj mixer together to play music. It is a 2 channel Mixer. From the one channel I want to play music and other channel I have connected the turntable in order to mix both audio and source together.
Old 17-02-2012

Re: How to connect Macbook pro to DJ mixer

In my experience you need a compatible cable from the MBP headphone OUT to the RCA jacks INPUT on mixer. There should be an Audio coming out from the mixer which you should need to connect using Audio/Video Cable. Plug the small to Macbook pro earphone jack and the other end which contain red and white to the input on the mixer.

Make sure it's a 1/8 inch "STEREO" jack
Old 17-02-2012

I did the following things with my DJ mixer
  • Connect Mixer by the use of USB cable to the laptop.
  • connected the sound card via USB to laptop.
  • After that plugged in souncard output 2 to headphones.
  • Installed the Traktor software.

The Traktor software will fetch all songs and tracks from the system and import it for mixing as a list. You can record own mixes. I my DJ mixer I can connect up to 4 channels, 2 turntables otherwise 2 DVD player.
Old 17-02-2012

Before providing the proper information I would like to know about the mixer model number. This will help me to find out what type of inputs readily available on the mixer.

See whether it is an optical SPDIF or Toslink input?
Old 17-02-2012

MIDI is good to control external mixer via your Mac or vice versa, the software in your Mac controls via external faders and knobs. Unfortunately, the cheap solutions often incomplete and of poor quality.

Really good mixers with both IO and MIDI are very expensive because they must have motorized faders. It makes no sense to control your Mac From those buttons on the mixer. The M-Audio ProjectMixIO is a good example of such a mixer.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,