Thread: Some questions about sim card capabilities in Motorola Droid 4

Some questions about sim card capabilities in Motorola Droid 4

Hi everyone, as we all know that there is a sim card slot in this phone, now I am planning to fly to Singapore next week for which I will be requiring this phone. Now I was just wondering if I would be able to use this phone there by inserting the local sim card of that country? Well I know for that I will have to unlock my phone first that will definitely do but what about the use of local sim cards available there will I be able to use it there, that’s the question. Please throw in some light on this topic.

Re: Some questions about sim card capabilities in Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by N@tty.Geo View Post
    Hi everyone, as we all know that there is a sim card slot in this phone, now I am planning to fly to Singapore next week for which I will be requiring this phone. Now I was just wondering if I would be able to use this phone there by inserting the local sim card of that country? Well I know for that I will have to unlock my phone first that will definitely do but what about the use of local sim cards available there will I be able to use it there, that’s the question. Please throw in some light on this topic.
    As far as I know the phone only works with the 4g lte. So if that country has that band support then your phone will work out well otherwise I don’t think so.

Just to inform you that your phone will not work unless and until you are having the Verizon card. Since Verizon has locked down the GSM part of all Lte phones. So no matter if you have unlocked the phone you will be requiring a firmware that will allow the gsm part of the phone to work i.e. gsm antenna. So it has been locked by Verizon. So that’s why it would be a bad idea to take your phone to that country.

No need to worry about that dude, Verizon has confirmed that they're working on enabling GSM roaming in the Droid 4. So I think so the big hurdle of roaming with Verizon will be cut off. However the work is under progress and they have not yet made available. You will be able to get the roaming facility in this year only through a software update.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    No need to worry about that dude, Verizon has confirmed that they're working on enabling GSM roaming in the Droid 4. So I think so the big hurdle of roaming with Verizon will be cut off. However the work is under progress and they have not yet made available. You will be able to get the roaming facility in this year only through a software update.
    Ok I am about to leave this Sunday and I don’t think so I will be able to get the update by this weekend itself, anyways that’s not a issue hopefully I will be getting some network support out there with my existing card or local card.