Thread: Is the battery of Motorola Droid 4 replaceable?

Is the battery of Motorola Droid 4 replaceable?

I know that the battery of this phone cannot be replaced but I was just thinking if the battery of the phone can be replaced or not. Has anyone tried doing such kind of modifications on their phone or not. If yes then do send in some replies for the same that would be better to hear it from you all. That’s what I can say.

Re: Is the battery of Motorola Droid 4 replaceable?

Hi I cannot say that it is impossible to do that since if a company ends up producing a battery tray and removable battery for this phone then it can get the job done. So its that easy. There are lots of sites which has given insights of how to open up the phone. So we can refer that and replace it with the new battery. So that’s how we c an do that but the thing is that who is going to make that battery tray and all that’s a big question. I haven’t come across such manufacturer yet. So if we can get that then it would be fun to have some experimentations.

I do agree with what you have said here but its like getting hyped a lot. Don’t you think the Motorola and Verizon will allow the manufacturers to market such things, they will file a complaint for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kork View Post
    I do agree with what you have said here but its like getting hyped a lot. Don’t you think the Motorola and Verizon will allow the manufacturers to market such things, they will file a complaint for sure.
    Yes I do agree with what you have said here its actually called as breach of patent and the company can file a law suit on the makers who agree to produce a set of replaceable batteries for this phone. so as of now getting the replaceable batteries for this phone is a big no.