Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 17-02-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 70
Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

Hello everyone out here guys I am very excited to hear about this new phone have seen that it has lots of features and yes it does look a lot appealing. So what I want to say is that if my friend who stays in US and gets a Droid 4 will it work in aussie or UK, because he would be touring frequently so he just wants to know if that will work or not in other countries, I know the question might silly for you all but please be patient on these and answer me out, that?s all I can say.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17-02-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 665
Re: Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahtalekin View Post
Hello everyone out here guys I am very excited to hear about this new phone have seen that it has lots of features and yes it does look a lot appealing. So what I want to say is that if my friend who stays in US and gets a Droid 4 will it work in aussie or UK, because he would be touring frequently so he just wants to know if that will work or not in other countries, I know the question might silly for you all but please be patient on these and answer me out, that?s all I can say.
I don?t think so there would be any problem kind of stuff as far as the phone is unlocked. You can take it anywhere you want but mind you, you cant take the phone outside if it is a locked phone from U.S. so hope you did understood what I am saying here, that?s it from my side for you all. I hope that?s clear for you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17-02-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,745
Re: Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

I have checked a lot of websites where the supported bandwidths given are 900/2100MHz UMTS 3G. so with that carriers like Optus/Voafone/Virgin in Australia and UK would be easily supported in that?s what I know. So if your network is using 850/1900MHz then it is pretty safe to use that otherwise it would be a grave problem for you. If it uses more than 1900Mhz.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-02-2012
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,851
smile Re: Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahtalekin View Post
Hello everyone out here guys I am very excited to hear about this new phone have seen that it has lots of features and yes it does look a lot appealing. So what I want to say is that if my friend who stays in US and gets a Droid 4 will it work in aussie or UK, because he would be touring frequently so he just wants to know if that will work or not in other countries, I know the question might silly for you all but please be patient on these and answer me out, that?s all I can say.
See it all depends upon the carrier that you are using for your phone, so do think twice before switching to any carrier. If you ask me with which carrier you should go then I would say you should definitely go with the Verizon. It would be safe to go with that option that?s what I can say, now why I am saying that is because the phone i.e. droid 4 is not a global phone and it does works only on Verizon network properly. Now with this statement I cant deny the fact that it does not work with the other networks, no that?s completely untrue, it will work but better be safe with the Verizon. That?s all I can say.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-02-2012
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,927
Re: Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbose View Post
I don?t think so there would be any problem kind of stuff as far as the phone is unlocked. You can take it anywhere you want but mind you, you cant take the phone outside if it is a locked phone from U.S. so hope you did understood what I am saying here, that?s it from my side for you all. I hope that?s clear for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankH View Post
I have checked a lot of websites where the supported bandwidths given are 900/2100MHz UMTS 3G. so with that carriers like Optus/Voafone/Virgin in Australia and UK would be easily supported in that?s what I know. So if your network is using 850/1900MHz then it is pretty safe to use that otherwise it would be a grave problem for you. If it uses more than 1900Mhz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
See it all depends upon the carrier that you are using for your phone, so do think twice before switching to any carrier. If you ask me with which carrier you should go then I would say you should definitely go with the Verizon. It would be safe to go with that option that?s what I can say, now why I am saying that is because the phone i.e. droid 4 is not a global phone and it does works only on Verizon network properly. Now with this statement I cant deny the fact that it does not work with the other networks, no that?s completely untrue, it will work but better be safe with the Verizon. That?s all I can say.
Guys no need to debate more on this topic, Verizon has revealed that that its Motorola Droid 4 will be having global roaming capability through GSM / WCDMA support. this phone will also be have a LTE support now these would be a part of very few phones that supports support GSM, CDMA and LTE. So hope this does helps you all, that?s all I can say here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Will U.S version of Motorola Droid 4 work in UK or Australia?"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 wifi only, 32GB version available? Axe-IT Portable Devices 3 02-04-2012 07:32 PM
Chinese version of the Motorola Droid RAZR SaibalJha Portable Devices 4 21-11-2011 06:26 PM
Games marking PAL/US version will work in Australia? Keshini Video Games 5 19-07-2011 08:10 PM
The page does not support your version of browser error in Motorola DROID Maudgalya Portable Devices 5 09-07-2011 09:56 PM
Motorola droid X: Calendar reminders do not work Lukkha Portable Devices 5 30-06-2011 07:23 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:01 AM.