Thread: USB 3.0 turn off randomly in Toshiba Portege R835-P50X

USB 3.0 turn off randomly in Toshiba Portege R835-P50X

I am using toshiba portege r835-p50x laptop with windows 7 and I am facing problem with the USB 3.0 in my laptop. Whenever I connect anything with the USB 3.0 port at that time it works fine for some time and then it gets turn off randomly. USB 2.0 does not give me any problem. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: USB 3.0 turn off randomly in Toshiba Portege R835-P50X

You have said that you are facing this problem with USB 3.0 ports only and that is why I would like to tell you that you should first check whether USB power option are disabled or not. If USB power option is enabled then that is the reason behind the problem and you have to disabled that to fix this problem.

To disable power option for USB 3.0 in your laptop you have to follow this steps.

• Right click on my computer.
    • Click on device manger.
    • Expand USB controllers.
    • Right click on USB 3.0 and select properties.
    • Now click on power management tab.
    • Disable power option from there.
    • Click on OK.

After doing that you have to plug and USB device in USB 3.0 port and then see whether it makes any difference or not?

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you should check whether USB selective suspend option is disabled in the power plan setting or not? If it is not disabled then I will suggest you to disable it first and after disabling that your problem will get solved. Try this solution and check what the situation is.

To disable USB selective suspend option you have to first open start menu in your laptop. After that you have to type power plan in start menu search box and then press enter key. After doing that you have to expand USB setting. After doing that you have to select USB selective suspend option and select disable. Now after that click on OK button and after clicking on the OK button you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?

I have disabled USB selective suspend option from the power4 plan setting in my Toshiba portege r835-p50x laptop but after doing that also I was experiencing the same problem and then I have also uncheck power option from the device manager and after disabling power option from device manager also I was getting same problem. Now please tell me what should do to solve this problem

I have searched on the internet and after spending some time on the internet I come to know that with the BIOS 3.60 version this problem has get solved. You should download BIOS 3.60 and then update your laptop and after updating the laptop your problem will get solved. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

To download BIOS version 3.60 in your laptop you have to click here BIOS 3.60 and after that update the BIOS. If BIOS updating does not help you to solve this problem then you have to contact Toshiba support and then tell them about USB port problem and then will check your Toshiba portege r835-p50x laptop and give you proper solution.