Thread: PSP UMD to PlayStation Vita transfer program not coming to US

PSP UMD to PlayStation Vita transfer program not coming to US

So as I read the article which said that the people having the PSP now cannot put their UMD games on to a Playstation Vita system. The MD Passport program that allow to the Japan Vita owners to register UMDs in their PSN accounts all they have to reimburse a tiny charge to re-download it on their Playstation Vita won't be allowed on the in the US. That means you'll just can play PSP games on your play station Vita that you formerly downloaded via PlayStation Network rather than bought on disc.

Re: PSP UMD to PlayStation Vita transfer program not coming to US

I've by no means understand the requirement for backward compatibly as a matter of fact. If you are an early on adopter of new tech and have the good income to pay out £250 odd on a new handheld, probability are you'll still have you're old one to play the original on if that's your thing. Once every new purchase the new tech it's older version gets retire so it's no loss to them as well.

Isn’t it believed to be that while fresh hardware arrive were supposed to sense more and more overvalued to purchase when it launches? Because the Playstation Vita its is in backward and at the moment I care nothing to for it.

I'm irritated that the mp3 player option of the vita Is not play my minidiscs, plus there's no slot for a VHS tape in spite of they saying that it can play movies. It's like as if while they design this they don't even ask their crystal ball.

Not actually a huge disappointment . even as it might be suitable to have every the games on one console, PSP games are actually cheap now. My CEX is selling a ton of it for less than a fiver apiece. I'm rather convince to pick up a PSP as they're no extra than £45 currently. Second hand at least.

I'll be a little let down if it doesn't come here however I'm, for the the majority part, not bother. I able to get Killzone: Liberation for free of cost thanks to the hack absurdity last year plus any games I very much needed I can for all time rebuy in the PSP Power Sales Sony have every so often. I am, certainly, getting the Vita generally for Vita games after all .

It's simple to tell off people make a fuss however it's not easy to look at parts of your game compilation sit there trapped on dead, useless formats such a proprietary discs unreadable to PCs or cartridges. With PS1 as well as PS2 games there are alternative in any case; the game discs are a standardized readable format which your computer can read.

Preferably with a portable you need to be carrying just one gadget so being able to rip your games to memory card trough a USB UMD drive might be a awesome bit of consumer friendly utility. Unfortunately doing what's convenient for the users is the extremely lowly of priority these days whilst DRM.

They must build up a UMD drive add-on for the PlayStation Vita for a few years after that declare at E3 the deal is off and they'll launch it as their platform, the Playstation Portable..