Thread: USB port work as a host on Amazon Kindle Fire

USB port work as a host on Amazon Kindle Fire

The specifications, the Kindle Fire has a 7-inch multitouch IPS display with Gorilla glass protection. Amazon has officially announced its heavily rumored Android tablet but now I want to use this as an hub. Hence for doing this task, I think USB port work as a host and it also compatible with the USB flash drive, card readers and other USB peripherals. Is this correct? If anyone having experience about it, then share your own opinion or discussions. Thanks.

Re: USB port work as a host on Amazon Kindle Fire

I wonder if the Kindle Fire will recognize an external device, thumb drive, etc that is plugged into the device. I check the specification of this tablet and then I found that there is an USB 2.0 port present onto it. Then yes, it could be also possible for accessing this USB port as an host. Then you can easily access this port and it will be helpful to you for connecting these external USB devices to your tablet pc.

I also want that use this USB port and then connect the external USB devices onto this tablet pc. I try to do this but it can’t work at all. Then using the expert advice I just follow this instruction. After successfully completion of this process, now I can able to access any USB devices content onto this tablet pc.

There is a micro USB 2.0 connector port and a 3.5mm audio port to hook any pair of earphones. You can use this micro USB connector and in response you can use this for connecting your necessary device. There is no need to either install any USB driver onto it. At the time of android OS installation this USB driver has to be installed that time. Hence there is no problem arrives with this tablet pc when we try to access this USB port as a connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    I also want that use this USB port and then connect the external USB devices onto this tablet pc. I try to do this but it can’t work at all. Then using the expert advice I just follow this instruction. After successfully completion of this process, now I can able to access any USB devices content onto this tablet pc.
    Could you please let me know how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by kindlefan View Post
    Could you please let me know how to do it?
    I dont think that usb port will work as a host on Amazon Kindle Fire. Whether the Fire will have this capability is up to the software and hardware developers. USB host capability would be killer, but I seriously doubt it. Also I have heard that only a few full blown android tables support USB host.