Thread: Want to install additional network card on Lenovo Ideapad Y560

Want to install additional network card on Lenovo Ideapad Y560

I want to install a laptop network card. There is a extra mini PCIe slot available on the laptop. I had connected everything properly. Now the issue is when I start the pc the system takes too much time to boot up. Second thing the system does not detects a plug and play device. Does the issue with the network card or my laptop. My friend tool just to plug the card and it will work. I also have the cd of network car which consist of its driver. I need help to install the card and connect my laptop to my office network. Atleast the system must detect it as plug and play device. What I am doing wrong here.

Re: Want to install additional network card on Lenovo Ideapad Y560

It is right that the card is just detected as plug and play device. Do one thing, disconnect the card and reboot your laptop. Go in bios and ensure that the PciLan is enabled by default. If not then try to search the same in integrated peripheral or any other category. I think that is not enabled because of which the same is not detected. Just see in the bios. I do not know the procedure of enabling the same but I will recommend you to have a look in the bios first.

Did you checked the card properly. Is it working. I think the same is defective which might be causing the issue. Check properly first the card is working or not. You can do that by connecting on any other laptop. If that works, then it means the laptop connector slot might be not working.

Is there any wifi switch on your laptop. Some laptops come with wifi switch which you can enable it and then only the device work. Try to find that and press it. Second thing right click on My Computer and then click on Properties > Hardware > Device manager. From here it is possible to install the network card manually. You can click on small search icon on the menu bar. Check that the network adapter are enabled. Before that you must check that the same is enabled in bios or not. Windows will do the work automatically. It is necessary that your network card should work it must not be defective.

Look for drivers update for your laptop. Check for the driver on official site. You can download and update the drivers and then try to re-install the card.

I was facing the same issue with Readycom. For the same you need to first disconnect the cards and remove all existing drivers if there is any. Then I went back in bios and enabled the card which was the cause of this issue. After that I connected the laptop back again and done. It started working. Sometime if the card is not detected there are two things that can be done. First updating the bios to ensure that the card is detected second, checking the pci card is working or not.

Did you check properly in Device manager. See for any unknown device or device under network adapter with exclamation mark. This is a driver fault and it does means that the card is not working. Go in device manager and under network adapter and uninstall it completely. Then reboot your system and check back again. Turn on the wifi if the card is wireless and then try to connect the same to any network.