Thread: Where to download BIOS of Lenovo G570 laptop

Where to download BIOS of Lenovo G570 laptop

I am planing to dual boot my Lenovo G570 laptop. I want to install Windows as well as Mac or Linux on the same system. For that process I had seen that it is necessary to re-flash the bios. I just do not want to do this, without a backup. Right now I do not have any back of the current bios. I need help to find the bios for G570. So if something wrong happen I can simply restore everything back again. I had seen that if I do the same on existing system, there are possibilities that some of my hardware might not work properly.

Re: Where to download BIOS of Lenovo G570 laptop

I think for the link which you are looking is below. The below link is a list of drivers and bios of the laptop. Remember that if the bios is not flashed properly your system might be dead completely.
    Lenovo G570 Drivers and BIOS

It is right that for dual boot you might need to flash bios. But this condition is only applicable if you want to install Mac operating system. If you want to install Linux and Windows then you can simply install it. While installing Mac OS X you need to format the bios and configure EFI on the same. The link that is provided above contains bios update. You can utilize the same for restoring in case of any crash.

Basically flashing bios in not a easy job. But without touching the system you can install mac operating system on virtual system. You can use Vmware for that. First of all this is just for testing. Apple products are commercial and if you are not going to buy the dvd then this is going to be a case of piracy. So better go for open source operating system. Ubuntu installation is much easier. You just need to insert the disc and install the same side by side without any formatting needed.

There is a guide for the process. I found it. Just click on the below guide and it will show you the process of triple booting your system. You can install Mac, Windows and Linux all tougher on the single system. The process might take some time to understand but it is quiet easy to find everything on noe place.

How To Triple Boot MAC OS X, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 8.10 Linux

There is no direct bios download available for the laptop models G470 / G475 / G570 / G575's. They come with default settings. But there is another option you can try out. You can backup the existing bios and then use it for restoration. There is a toolkit for that. Search for Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit in google. Download the tool and take a backup of the same. Then do what you want to do. This can be a easier solution for you.

I will also recommend you to go for virtualization. This option lets you to install virtual operating system on your pc without getting rid of existing. But there is a condition for that. You need a cpu which must support virtualization or else it might not work. Check your system specs for the same and then try back.