Thread: Lenovo Laptop replaced a number of time because of faulty parts

Lenovo Laptop replaced a number of time because of faulty parts

I had seen two new Lenovo laptops getting failed in the last two months. First one was purchased by my friend and second one by my aunt a month ago. I had seen both the system which failed to work because of gpu failure. It is quiet easy to figure out that two laptop might not stopped working with common issue. There is a Nvidia chip used inside it. Does Lenovo is using faulty parts. It is really sad to find that the new laptops have stopped working and I can do nothing much in the same. At-least this system must work without any issue for the first 2 years or more.

Re: Lenovo Laptop replaced a number of time because of faulty parts

You cannot blame Lenovo for that. It happens sometime that because of fault from manufacturer end causes such issue. That is the reason they give you warranty on the product. Just get it fixed from your nearest service center.

You are not able to understand the question. It easy to say that just get it fixed as the laptop is on warranty. First of all what I believe that if you are buying a expensive product then it should be made to work atleast for some years. I had too faced the same issue last month on a gpu. The company does not shows any effort in getting it fixed as soon as they can, nor they will help you to have a replacement on the behalf of faulty product you purchased. This means the time till you get the product fixed you need to discontinue all your work and keep watching the calendar till the date arrives.

This happens. Even Intel has asked the consumers to give back faulty sandy bridge processors manufactured. They are ready give compensation. You are right that this reduces the hope on such products.

Products are basically tested and released in market. They are not produced and packed suddenly. Branded companies like Lenovo has a QC department which is responsible for product testing. There can be reason behind a hardware failure. Like improper handling, or transport, or etc. Sometime even the consumer is responsible but he is not aware. One of the most basic example I can give you is of hard drive failure which damages very easily because of lack of grounding or shock. But even after that the company provides you replacement on the same. Try contacting Lenovo and get it fixed. That is reason they invest on service center.

Simply call and ask them about your fault. Almost all companies offer you on-site warranty. They will pickup your product and deliver it to you. You do not need to carry unless you leave somewhere in amazon. If they are troubling you for replacement sue them.

This is really a trouble from the consumers end, if you receive such defected system for the amount you paid. Anyhow it is our mistake because we trusted the product. There is nothing you can do. We do not have special powers to fix such thing. All you can do is go for the universal solution. Go to service center, talk to them and get it fixed and till the time you have warranty you can carry out the same.

That was really not a satisfying solution from you all. It looks that all of you need help on the same. I am just saying that the laptops have new gpus right. They why would they fail. If they fail then it means they are faulty. And my friends simply purchased a defective product on expensive rate.