Thread: How to make iPad display on Mac Desktop?

How to make iPad display on Mac Desktop?

Hi all, is there someone who knows some way to show the iPad display on the Mac? I want to do this because I wish to capture a few screenshots of an iPad App. If you have any idea regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the helpful replies for this.

Re: How to make iPad display on Mac Desktop?

I would like to tell you that there is no method to exactly mirror the content from the iPad to some computer. Although there are a few apps available which will help you to do this but you will not be able to capture anything with that. If you wish to capture the screenshots then you can simply capture an iPad screenshot as the still image and make use of that image wherever you want.

There are some of the methods to do this but for that you will have to jailbreak your device and by that, you will lose the warranty for that. I don’t think that it is worth to lose the warranty for the device just to capture the screenshot.

This is simply impossible because to do that, you will have to use VGA or HDMI but in case of the Mac, it is not having that and so there is no chance to do that. So just leave the hope for that. You can get the still image and use that as already mentioned in the very first reply.

Just search for the title “Display your iPad on an external monitor” on YouTube and you will get that there are many of the videos out there. Watch those videos and that will give you better idea regarding this.

I think that Air Display will be helpful for you to do this. With the app Air Display you can relatively large screen of the iPad as a normal, secondary screen on your Mac and use configure. Air Display reacts much faster than iDisplay - there is virtually no delay in cursor movement. When entering text, however, there is sometimes little stuttering. The iPad as a second display in portrait format is as interesting for instant messenger that can be relegated to the smaller screen. The Photoshop tool palettes and the Twitter client are in good hands there.